Ravens Sign Mark Ingram

M.10.E

3 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Didn't really want to invest in Ingram, but this is much better value than I was anticipating. Less APV than Suggs or Brown, so not costing us our Mosley/Smith comp pick either.

Solid move, but still hope to add a draft pick.

Yeah, this is where I'm at. $15 million over three years isn't really worth complaining about at all regardless of the guarantees. A deal closer to $25 million over three years is what I was worried about. I think a draft pick at the position is still in the works too. 

3 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I said it in the other thread but this is an awesome signing. Our team lost leaders and hungry vets searching for a ring for their legacy in Suggs and Weddle, so it was important to add guys that could bring that element to this team. Ingram is a guy that brings that element to our offense. He’s going to be hungry. He’s a durable back that we can rely on to be a guiding presence to the offense, especially one that can be in the backfield with Lamar. He’s going to be a great check down option. He’s not Ray Rice but he’s like a combination between what we get from both Dixon and Edwards, with more skills to boot. Lamar’s ability to create space for backs will make Ingram just as if not more dangerous as he’s very been in his career.

I have to echo this sentiment. 

Saints fans and players seem pretty gutted they're losing him. Seems we may have a leader with spark on this offense. 

On 3/13/2019 at 1:48 PM, diamondbull424 said:

I said it in the other thread but this is an awesome signing. Our team lost leaders and hungry vets searching for a ring for their legacy in Suggs and Weddle, so it was important to add guys that could bring that element to this team. Ingram is a guy that brings that element to our offense. He’s going to be hungry. He’s a durable back that we can rely on to be a guiding presence to the offense, especially one that can be in the backfield with Lamar. He’s going to be a great check down option. He’s not Ray Rice but he’s like a combination between what we get from both Dixon and Edwards, with more skills to boot. Lamar’s ability to create space for backs will make Ingram just as if not more dangerous as he’s very been in his career.

Also, he's shown he can be very effective working opposite a dynamic weapon in the run game.

Archived