Jaguars re-sign AJ Cann to 3 yr, 15M deal

.Buzz

1 hour ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Solid deal for a solid player. This doesn't prohibit us from going after another guard but this also doesn't force our hand either.

Yeah...we needed depth too. Much rather have a decent rookie either beat him out with him off the bench in a crunch than some of the other options that we're out there.

Think solid player may be a bit much, but there's definitely much worse options out there.

21 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Is AJ Cann actually better than Omameh?  I like keeping OLine depth...but at that price...he'd better be a solid starting G.  Which he is...but he's not an impact player, or anything more than "decent".

5M per with likely $8-$9 gtd in total should be an impact player for an OG?

Not sure about that. Think that's the price of a fringe starting OG, especially with cap rising again.

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

5M per with likely $8-$9 gtd in total should be an impact player for an OG?

Not sure about that. Think that's the price of a fringe starting OG, especially with cap rising again.

I wouldn't disagree on anything other than whether he's actually better than Omameh.  Who is a similar...just a guy Guard.

9 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I wouldn't disagree on anything other than whether he's actually better than Omameh.  Who is a similar...just a guy Guard.

I think he's a bit better than Omameh, but def not much better.

Just hope something improves w him I guess. Idk.

4 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

omameh seems to play better then him in both run and pass blocking so. 

Well clearly the team disagrees based on what they see.

If they thought that he isn't getting resigned for 3-4M+ than Omameh would get.

We make questionable decisions on the QB but I'm cool with them keeping Cann for now. We werent riding with rookie/Richardson and no insurance behind them. 

Archived