Jaguars re-sign AJ Cann to 3 yr, 15M deal

.Buzz

Just now, LinderFournette said:

my guess is they are trying to make parnell the scapegoat for both their awfulness. 

I mean, to be fair, there were actually a lot of times Cann looked bad because of Parnell.

Cann isn't good, but he's serviceable as a starter and definitely good depth if we draft another guard. RG is also the easiest position on the line to hide/scheme around deficiencies if needed.

2 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

my guess is they are trying to make parnell the scapegoat for both their awfulness. 

Parnell was pretty bad last year. Loved him prior but it was time.

They're going to draft some OL. No way they roll out with Cannot/Richardson and no talent behind them to push/develop.

Just now, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I mean, to be fair, there were actually a lot of times Cann looked bad because of Parnell.

Cann isn't good, but he's serviceable as a starter and definitely good depth if we draft another guard. RG is also the easiest position on the line to hide/scheme around deficiencies if needed.

we should draft Lindstorm to be our RG and be able to run the ball behind his Nasty mauler *** :)

5 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

we should draft Lindstorm to be our RG and be able to run the ball behind his Nasty mauler *** :)

Think everyone here is for that. All about loading up the OL.

Going to be hard not going for a weapon outside in round 2 though. Figure Hock/Taylor is the pick at 7. Would be nice to grab a WR prior to round 3 depending on who's there.

Pretty sure T (likely Taylor) is the target at 7. The TE crop is fairly deep this year, so I think we can get good value there in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Not going to look it up but 2nd through 4th has been a good spot for TEs recently.

They will likely add another receiver through the draft (another fairly deep spot) and a veteran. Right now we just have Lee, Dede, Chark, and Cole. They will probably bring back Mickens and Wynn for camp, but this definitely needs attention since Moncrief is gone and Lee is off ACL.

On 3/14/2019 at 10:21 AM, LinderFournette said:

if were gonna go ideal id love to see us be able to get Hock then fant and then pick a OL and then either an OL or WR/RB

Fant in round 2 might be unlikely as is Lindstrom there too. OL is so freakin weak around the league and pass rushers are only getting better. Teams will reach on good OL with upside 

5 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Fant in round 2 might be unlikely as is Lindstrom there too. OL is so freakin weak around the league and pass rushers are only getting better. Teams will reach on good OL with upside 

ive seen fant mocked from 7 all the way down to 31. also not i said ideally meaning under ideal conditions that would likely be the best outcome available for us. 

15 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

ive seen fant mocked from 7 all the way down to 31. also not i said ideally meaning under ideal conditions that would likely be the best outcome available for us. 

I’m shocked he is mocked so high. I know you said ideally, i also said unlikely. We’ll see. I’m being negative. My apologies. I’d love to get Fant or Lindstrom round 2, just trying not to get hopes up

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I’m shocked he is mocked so high. I know you said ideally, i also said unlikely. We’ll see. I’m being negative. My apologies. I’d love to get Fant or Lindstrom round 2, just trying not to get hopes up

fant was picked before hockenson in that mock(i find that odd cuz Coughlin perfers well-rounded guys or atleast guys who can block very well. 

On 13/03/2019 at 9:43 PM, .Buzz said:

Well clearly the team disagrees based on what they see.

If they thought that he isn't getting resigned for 3-4M+ than Omameh would get.

We make questionable decisions on the QB but I'm cool with them keeping Cann for now. We werent riding with rookie/Richardson and no insurance behind them. 

I think that's the real question though.  Like, i'm fine with AJ Cann as the starting RG.  He's...fine, mostly.  At a position you'd pick to hide your worst OLineman if you could.  But is he $4M better than Omameh?  I'm not even totally sure he's particularly better.

And with the way this contract appears to be structured...it's 2 years kinda locked in for better or worse.  $5M is a lot to pay a backup RG if they eventually do replace Cann.  Good depth is never a bad thing...but expensive depth tends to mean less depth overall.  Which is kinda bad.

On 13/03/2019 at 9:48 PM, Adrenaline_Flux said:

This is also a factor though.  Parnell really did stink things up last year.  Though even that, is a bit of a question whether it's just father time catching up with him...or our whole line completely crumbling into dust and backups of backups with zero even slightly viable LTs on the roster after Cam and Wells went down.  That's gonna make your whole line look bad.

Archived