Raiders sign Tyrell Williams

49erurtaza

31 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

He's not really good to be honest. But I want to see Carr do well anything helps...

He has all the skills to be a good #2 option. Raiders didn’t bring him in to be a number 1 so I think they did a great job here. Great teammate and player. Wish him all the best. 

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

If the Raiders don’t end up getting good production value out of him at those numbers it’s all on them. I thought he’d get a bit more given his big play ability. 

1 minute ago, Boltstrikes said:

If the Raiders don’t end up getting good production value out of him at those numbers it’s all on them. I thought he’d get a bit more given his big play ability. 

We gave him a lot more than I was hoping, but just like all the other deals we have done this offseason it’s essentially a two year deal.  I don’t hate giving Williams a decent contract but that’s a ton of money locked up in WRs when our D needs the most help.  I’m guessing our draft will be about 80-90% defense.

6 minutes ago, daineraider said:

We gave him a lot more than I was hoping, but just like all the other deals we have done this offseason it’s essentially a two year deal.  I don’t hate giving Williams a decent contract but that’s a ton of money locked up in WRs when our D needs the most help.  I’m guessing our draft will be about 80-90% defense.

It’s between the numbers given to Allen Robinson and Richardson last year given similar production. With the escalating cap number and the fact that Williams was buried on the depth chart here I think it’s a good deal with a ton of upside. He’s big and can dial up that 9. Definitely would rate him as a perform to out perform on the deal you guys gave him.

Archived