Tyrell Williams signs with the Oakland Raiders

agarcia34

This really helps with going BPA.  I still wouldn't mind a WR with a late first or our early second.  Having AB, T. Williams, and J. Nelson, plus a good rookie WR would be great.  Either that or a rookie TE or J. Cook.  We still have the money to find another play maker on offense.

19 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Williams is great. However, still needs time to get the ball out. Don't get me wrong, that's a great 3 wr set. But watching Carr get demolished 50+ times sacked makes me care more about the o-line than the wr's. 

I mean....isn't that why we paid Trent Brown all-time money? Signed Good? Doesn't have to be one or the other, we needed a ton of WR help also. If anything this gives us draft flexibility to further address o-line (if Mayock sees fit) since WR need seems pretty well addressed.

29 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Williams is great. However, still needs time to get the ball out. Don't get me wrong, that's a great 3 wr set. But watching Carr get demolished 50+ times sacked makes me care more about the o-line than the wr's. 

With the addition of Brown we should have 3 linemen playing at a high level in Brown, Jackson, and Hudson. Kolton is still a wildcard but we’re banking on him improving. Can Good be a starting level OG is another question mark but overall the line definitely has the potential to be much improved this year. 

17 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Comes out to 11 a year but with the contracts always just look at the guaranteed amount. I'm sure like all the other contracts there is an out after two years. 

Still don’t love it at $11 mil per, I’d rather have we went after Crowder for $9 mil per.  That over $30mil tied up in WRs.

I get a good feeling after watching that press conference. I didn't want Brown, but I'm warming up to him. Got him for a steal, seems motivated, will hold others accountable. That last part really caught my eye. We need that. 

Love adding Williams to this receiving corp, A big, fast, young #2. The amount of money won't matter if we win, and Williams will be an excellent complement to Brown. Would still love to add a WR this year in the draft. Terry McLaurin, Keelan Doss, Terry Godwin are 3 I would like to add in later rounds. 

The best part about all of these signings is that Carr will have no more excuses. Put up or he's out, and we will have the resources next year to target a new QB in draft if we need too. That new QB will then have the talent around him to succeed on a rookie deal, like so many of you have been wanting. 

Archived