Tyrell Williams signs with the Oakland Raiders

agarcia34

5 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

$11M was the market value coming in, so no surprise there. That's too much for him in my opinion, would have much rather used that money elsewhere.

Let's see if Gruden can elevate his game and shut me up.

Nah. He has been excellent as a deep threat for years. He doesn't get more usage because the Chargers have a lot of receivers and they throw to their backs a lot. 

If watkins got 16 a year for 500 yards the prior year, Tyrell williams can get 11 a year easy. He was the best outside receiver on the market and will be 27 when this deal starts. 

8 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

$11M was the market value coming in, so no surprise there. That's too much for him in my opinion, would have much rather used that money elsewhere.

Let's see if Gruden can elevate his game and shut me up.

Hopefully we never hear from you again xD

3 hours ago, justwinbaby81 said:

I mean....isn't that why we paid Trent Brown all-time money? Signed Good? Doesn't have to be one or the other, we needed a ton of WR help also. If anything this gives us draft flexibility to further address o-line (if Mayock sees fit) since WR need seems pretty well addressed.

Yes but. Flopping Osemele for Brown isn't really that huge of an upgrade on the o-line as a total, if any.  Good is a wash, he isn't going to win our hearts over but he will be a decent player. Hopefully he surprises, but we're going into next year with only 1 upgrade thus far at Tackle. One could argue we downgraded at Guard. 

5 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Yes but. Flopping Osemele for Brown isn't really that huge of an upgrade on the o-line as a total, if any.  Good is a wash, he isn't going to win our hearts over but he will be a decent player. Hopefully he surprises, but we're going into next year with only 1 upgrade thus far at Tackle. One could argue we downgraded at Guard. 

I disagree a bit. I suppose it depends on what you make of Osemele's decline over the last two seasons. In my view, Brown is a substantial upgrade overall based on Osemele's recent level of play but also due to heightened positional importance. Good actually seemed like an upgrade over Osemele at the end of last year. And you would assume/hope Gabe reverts to more consistent play considering the injury he played through.

That being said, a lot comes down to Miller and his development. That area concerns me. The coaches spoke several times last year that he struggled at RT while at UCLA. We shall see

Initially luke-warm about this move but I like Williams, especially as a compliment to Brown. Both Williams and Brown have plenty experience both outside and in the slot which makes them moveable chess-pieces on offense. What curbs my enthusiasm about the move is there were a couple of receivers I liked in this draft that I know highly doubt the Raiders are considering--or at least they shouldn't considering the remaining needs.

44 minutes ago, NickButera said:

If Brown isn't a huge upgrade over Osemele, we made a big mistake in signing him. A premier tackle should be a big improvement over a declining player who missed 5 games last season. There is a reason we shed his $10M salary and took on $17M for Brown, and it's not for a small upgrade.

KO has not been dominant in 2 years. We can blame Cable some for last year, but 2017 KO was not great either. Brown is ascending, is as big of a player as there is in the league and actually pretty nimble. It needs to be a huge upgrade, we are banking on that.

A huge upgrade at tackle and even comparable guard play will lead to much better production out of Carr and the offense. I'm not sure what else could be done this free agency more than what we did. Trent Brown is a huge piece.

I have stated my disagreement on Williams so don't get me wrong there, but I would not have used any more funds towards offensive line. We need to make the pieces we have on the line work, and the versatility & ability of Brown helps to figure out what that configuration is.

2 hours ago, daineraider said:

Still don’t love it at $11 mil per, I’d rather have we went after Crowder for $9 mil per.  That over $30mil tied up in WRs.

Why?

Crowder is too much like AB imo. We need a big target and and a burner. We got one in Williams.

39 minutes ago, StocktonSav said:

I disagree a bit. I suppose it depends on what you make of Osemele's decline over the last two seasons. In my view, Brown is a substantial upgrade overall based on Osemele's recent level of play but also due to heightened positional importance. Good actually seemed like an upgrade over Osemele at the end of last year. And you would assume/hope Gabe reverts to more consistent play considering the injury he played through.

That being said, a lot comes down to Miller and his development. That area concerns me. The coaches spoke several times last year that he struggled at RT while at UCLA. We shall see

I'm with you--I don't think Good's play down the stretch is getting enough credit. All I read/heard about his time in Indy was positive as well, and his departure was circumstantial and a mistake--to our gain.

Miller is a bigger question mark at this time for sure, and is more important to get figured out. He played through several injuries which was admirable, but certainly disappointed regardless. We need a lot more out of him in year 2. You could really argue he is our biggest X-factor right now...stark improvement could mean a playoff-ready offense, a decline could mean a failed 2019 campaign and potentially spell the end of Carr's tenure.

Archived