Tyrell Williams signs with the Oakland Raiders

agarcia34

Just now, NightTrainLane said:

I don't need to hear "your stance" on Carr. That topic has been beat to death already.

If you genuinely didn't know the board history on the topic than I take it back.

If you're baiting and switching then whatever. have fun.

I don't agree that it's "very likely" all the signings will fail or the offense is poor again tho. I'm also trying to be optimistic.

Then if the topic has been beaten to death how about ignoring it instead of getting on your high horse.

2 minutes ago, OldManWillis said:

Then if the topic has been beaten to death how about ignoring it instead of getting on your high horse.

Because I was acknowledging when someone is speaking to/at/about me on a forum on a topic I could share a more logical perspective on.

And because I don't like you much, from what I can gather.

38 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Because I was acknowledging when someone is speaking to/at/about me on a forum on a topic I could share a more logical perspective on.

And because I don't like you much, from what I can gather.

That's fine man, we're on this board because we're Raider fans, not because we're friends. 

But in spite of all this, I do agree with alot of your perspectives. 

22 minutes ago, OldManWillis said:

That's fine man, we're on this board because we're Raider fans, not because we're friends. 

But in spite of all this, I do agree with alot of your perspectives. 

Damn this is the best thing I've read on here in a while. 
Respect!

14 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

Except if those WRs under perform, the oline doesn't improve despite the addition or we have no or poor run game to balance the offense. But besides that, yeah, no excuse.

smh.

Or a defense. Gruden's plan is to outscore the opponent. OK

This signing is one of the better ones and fits what I thought we'd be doing. Around 10 mil per contracts and rebuilding...

All these moves and I still don't see a playoff team

11 hours ago, NickButera said:

I'm not talking Brown vs Good, I'm talking net gain. Even PFF is grading Brown out as average. So, we went from putrid LT to average LT and below average guard to below average guard (PFF's rankings). How is this magically supposed to transform an O-line that gave up 50+ sacks last year to the QB who is 2nd fastest in the league at getting the ball out of his hands? The proper answer is, the OL still needs more work. We either need to continue to address it in the draft r free agency, or pray that a couple of our guys make leaps and strides in their game. 

Shiny new LT feels nice, but the o-line should still be rated below average until more is done. 

Shiny new LT should feel nice, that's a critical position to our success (and way more important than guard).

Look I like PFF also as a gauge, so you referencing that is fine. But then also use the context. Someone posted a good video of PFF analysis of the signing and in the video they admitted that he ascended towards the end of the year. Why? He was getting acclimated with the left side vs his career on the right (excelled there too; moved left due to injury to 1st rounder Wynn). So the upwards trend is very important here.

Average but trending up with all the raw materials (size, agility, growing experience) can turn him to above average / good next year. We didn't just sign him because he played average, we signed him due to how dominant he was in the Super Bowl run, his strong performances against AFC West rushers (semi-related: look up Von Miller's comments on Brown while he was in SF) and how it will continue into better protection in his future as he checks all the boxes.

Context is crucial, don't base the signing on PFF grades alone.

Weight, motivation, and coaching are the only concerns at this time. This being a 2-year deal helps mitigate a lot of the risk associated with the first two factors.

The versatility on our line, which is not measured in PFF to my knowledge, is also going to help take the unit to the next level IF (big if) we can figure it out between Gruden and OL coach. Brown on either side, Gabe on either side, finding where Kolton is comfortable...all key elements. 

39 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Shiny new LT should feel nice, that's a critical position to our success (and way more important than guard).

Look I like PFF also as a gauge, so you referencing that is fine. But then also use the context. Someone posted a good video of PFF analysis of the signing and in the video they admitted that he ascended towards the end of the year. Why? He was getting acclimated with the left side vs his career on the right (excelled there too; moved left due to injury to 1st rounder Wynn). So the upwards trend is very important here.

Average but trending up with all the raw materials (size, agility, growing experience) can turn him to above average / good next year. We didn't just sign him because he played average, we signed him due to how dominant he was in the Super Bowl run, his strong performances against AFC West rushers (semi-related: look up Von Miller's comments on Brown while he was in SF) and how it will continue into better protection in his future as he checks all the boxes.

Context is crucial, don't base the signing on PFF grades alone.

Weight, motivation, and coaching are the only concerns at this time. This being a 2-year deal helps mitigate a lot of the risk associated with the first two factors.

The versatility on our line, which is not measured in PFF to my knowledge, is also going to help take the unit to the next level IF (big if) we can figure it out between Gruden and OL coach. Brown on either side, Gabe on either side, finding where Kolton is comfortable...all key elements. 

But Tom Cable. 

#iwin

:D

14 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

11 million per year for a WR who caught a shade over 40 catches the last couple seasons. Im not a huge fan of this move as this means we wont re-sign Jared Cook. I dont think Cook will get 11 million per year on the open market

The Chargers offense was built to spread the ball around. Kennan Allen was obviously there #1 and got a ton of targets but after that, they had like 5 other guys with 50+ targets. Williams is only 27 and has proven to be one of the better deep threat WR in the NFL and the only season he actually got #1/#2 WR targets he put up 1,000 yards & 7 TD. 

Devin Funchess got $13M from the Colts and a lot of the slot guys got close to $10M per year too. We got fair market value for Williams.

1 minute ago, justwinbaby81 said:

For as much as I dislike the value, Ty Will at 11 per is way better than Funchess at 13. Great point

John Brown got $9M per year, Adam Humphries got $9M per year, and Jamison Crowder got $9.5M per year. 

31 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

John Brown got $9M per year, Adam Humphries got $9M per year, and Jamison Crowder got $9.5M per year. 

Yup Williams is definitely worth the 11 when you look at his ability to not only work in the slot like those guys but be a big body on the outside and true #2 WR. Those other guys you named check one or two of those boxes but not all 3.

Archived