Bears sign Ted Larsen

beardown3231

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

RT @AdamSchefter: Bears are signing former Dolphins’ OL Ted Larsen to a one-year deal, per source.

Again?  LOL

Experienced interior guy who can play OC or OG.  Cheap one year deal for some versatile depth.

We don't have much else on the roster except for Dejon Allen and maybe Coward, and no OC, so we need some bodies in there to compete.

This suggests to me that they expect Witzmann to find a real deal elsewhere (great for comp pick purposes). Witzmann was pretty solid last year especially considering he was a street FA when we added him. Larsen is just a guy but veteran experience in that role has value and I’m fine letting him compete for one spot with a draft pick and/or Coward. 

8 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

This suggests to me that they expect Witzmann to find a real deal elsewhere (great for comp pick purposes). Witzmann was pretty solid last year especially considering he was a street FA when we added him. Larsen is just a guy but veteran experience in that role has value and I’m fine letting him compete for one spot with a draft pick and/or Coward. 

And for a vet minimum only half of which hits the cap and probably won't even count against the top 51 that's all he is.  Insurance against not finding anyone better.  Hell the guy can play OC, has survived in the NFL for 9 seasons, and started 86 games so he's not chopped liver.  Depth or a cut.

36 minutes ago, soulman said:

And for a vet minimum only half of which hits the cap and probably won't even count against the top 51 that's all he is.  Insurance against not finding anyone better.  Hell the guy can play OC, has survived in the NFL for 9 seasons, and started 86 games so he's not chopped liver.  Depth or a cut.

See?!? We can agree when Jordan Howard isn’t involved! 🤘

5 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

See?!? We can agree when Jordan Howard isn’t involved! 🤘

Of course and mostly because what we do with Howard isn't a priority right now.  Pace can deal with that when it cycles to the top of his to do list.

Unless someone makes him an offer he can't turn down today or tomorrow or next week it's not a higher priority than needs other than RB.

The biggest difference in our opinions is you see moving on from him at all cost as an imperative while I see it as just one option Pace has and he likes options.

To me it's like a couple of guitars I own.  If I got the right offer I'd sell them now.  But if not I hold onto them until something else comes along to replace them.  Patience and not being forced to sell quickly to raise cash will assure that I get my price.  I'm a patient buyer and a patient seller.

Why should Pace appear to be forced into a deal for Howard that isn't to his advantage when he can wait for a deal that is?

In some instances you have to act quickly as he did with Mack yet with others you can let the deals come to you.  We both understand that and right now it seems like Pace is being patient and letting deals come to him.

Archived