Chiefs cut Eric Berry

49erurtaza

4 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Probably the toughest player to move on from (and there's been a lot in recent years) but I'm not super surprised. He's over 30, and we can't keep paying him $15M per year to not play.

Shame how fast that great defense fell to age and injuries, though. Not long ago we had DJ, Berry, Peters, Houston, Hali, and Poe all playing at high levels. Berry and Houston had injuries, DJ and Hali aged, Poe was just beat down by playing time, and Peters....yeah.

You could almost stock a pro bowl defense with that lineup.  The talent was there, just had an awful DC.

Thank God. Him and Houston couldn't be released soon enough. Two guys who played hardball with John Dorsey to get monster contracts just to be vastly overpaid right after and hurt the team. And Houston wouldnt even take a pay cut when he had just had 2 years of being overpaid? GTFO.

I will miss Ford. He was right in his prime, off a great season and seemed to have a great attitude. The Chiefs were never signing him long term though and that was the correct decision.

27 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

Thank God. Him and Houston couldn't be released soon enough. Two guys who played hardball with John Dorsey to get monster contracts just to be vastly overpaid right after and hurt the team. And Houston wouldnt even take a pay cut when he had just had 2 years of being overpaid? GTFO.

Houston still is a really good player. He's being cut to clear cap space. How would you feel if your boss asked you to take a pay cut because they decided to pay Sammy Watkins $16m?

37 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

I will miss Ford. He was right in his prime, off a great season and seemed to have a great attitude. The Chiefs were never signing him long term though and that was the correct decision.

They were arguably the two best players at their positions when they signed their contracts... 🙄🙄

10 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Houston still is a really good player. He's being cut to clear cap space. How would you feel if your boss asked you to take a pay cut because they decided to pay Sammy Watkins $16m?

I would hate it. 

But look I am a fan and everything that hurts my team I hate and the opposite the same.

That guy has been clearly overpaid for 2 years and he still wont take a pay cut when nobody would pay him that much. On top of that, he is 30 years old and we have seen tons of players fall off a cliff or clearly decline when turning 30. And he knows the Chiefs are going all in for a championship. I want him out of the door yesterday.

6 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

They were arguably the two best players at their positions when they signed their contracts... 🙄🙄

True. And I wanted some nice and fair contracts for them. But when you push and play hardball to get that monster contract and not even play for two years after or your play take a sharp decline in the case of Houston, I am not going to like you especially  that my team is really tight on capspace.

You know a Chiefs player who has been so reliable, always playing, always one of the best at his position and who is earning 6.5M on average? And that guy hasn't said a word about his contract. Mitchell Schwartz, the RT! I love him. Such a valuable player.

Just so people know its been reported he has a Haglunds Deformity.

A bone spur is growing into his Achilles Tendon(opposite from the one he ruptured) it can be shaved off but youd have to detach the tendon and its basically an achilles tear.

Or he can leave it and hes "day-to-day" with pain management. Which was his entire season last year.

Archived