Chiefs cut Eric Berry

49erurtaza

7 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Three doctors recommended he didn’t. He didn’t just decide on his own. 

Id heard it was one

Regardless he makes too much to ride the bench by his own choice. Whats to stop a repeat of last year?

Weve got a new defensive leader in Honey Badger now

Bout freaking time. Tough cut for that franchise but necessary given the cap hit and desperate need to overhaul and improve. Easily the worst defensive roster in the NFL right now and Berry's expensive contract wasn't going to allow the Chiefs to add several players who could almost certainly help them improve instantly.

F***

This has to be done, you can't pay between 15 to 20M a year to a guy that may or may not be able to play again. But this makes me sad.

Eric Berry is a Chief legend, best Chiefs player I've seen play (I was a child in the DT time) when you combine on and off the field attributes. I hope he goes to a contender and gets a shot at a ring. If one guy deserves it, it's him.

In two years as GM Breet Veach cut Tamba Hali, Jamaal Charles, Derrick Johnson, Justin Houston and now Eric Berry. Ouch (though every move made/makes sense)

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

What's the deal with Tarvarius Moore?  I really liked him coming out, but they never really let him play anywhere.

he is a corner. He played at the end of the year and looked very good. A lot of people keep suggesting we are going to move him back but I think that would be a mistake. He was drafted to be a corner, he is going to be a good corner. 

we keep doing this with our young players, having them flip flop between positions. it hasn't worked and it wont work

Archived