49ers sign Tevin Coleman RB

49erurtaza

Just now, PapaShogun said:

Only good news is that this wasn't Bell, who we apparently went after. 

Id rather spend an extra 8 million for bell honestly. At least you know you are getting an all-pro

Coleman is a nice player who knows the system and its a reasonable contract so I wont complain too much

Yeah, the contract is fine. Actually don't have issues with the contract. Actually don't have issues with the player either. I have issues with the fact that our roster building seems be founded on "lets put a bunch of names in a hat and whomever we pull out is who we are going after" approach. But yeah, at least we didn't overpay in this situation. 

24 minutes ago, N4L said:

Id rather spend an extra 8 million for bell honestly. At least you know you are getting an all-pro

Coleman is a nice player who knows the system and its a reasonable contract so I wont complain too much

I actually like John Lynch quite a bit, but I'm confused with some of these decisions. Why not pay a little more for bell? Why not pony up for earl thomas? Why not pay Tyrell Williams?

But to turn around and give Kwon Alexander as much as he did, considering the caliber of players he could acquire for a similar price... I'm not a fan.

I will say that I like the Dee Ford trade and I think it'll pay off. Glad to have him out of the division.

13 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I actually like John Lynch quite a bit, but I'm confused with some of these decisions. Why not pay a little more for bell? Why not pony up for earl thomas? Why not pay Tyrell Williams?

Who says they didn't try ? ET wanted to be an cowboy, than the Browns rumors and he ended up with the Ravens... Who says that ET or Bell wanted to play for the Niners?

I actually like the signing of Coleman and wonder if we might trade McKinnon or Breida. Usually the Niners have only three active RB's ... one of them is Mostert

12 minutes ago, NinerFever said:

Who says they didn't try ? ET wanted to be an cowboy, than the Browns rumors and he ended up with the Ravens... Who says that ET or Bell wanted to play for the Niners?

I actually like the signing of Coleman and wonder if we might trade McKinnon or Breida. Usually the Niners have only three active RB's ... one of them is Mostert

Mostert is a free agent, I'd be surprised if he's back at this point without a trade or release of McKinnon. 

And we were in on Bell, that much is known. So he definitely had no issues playing here. We were supposedly the other offer he was weighing. There is nothing to suggest that we even reached out to ET though. 

Archived