49ers sign Tevin Coleman RB

49erurtaza

Still remember how Shanahan used both Coleman and Freeman very effectively in Atlanta so i don't really mind it. McKinnon is a great receiving back so i don't see the need for another one. Breida was good but always injured a lot so don't mind adding a guy like Coleman to that.

Just now, oldman9er said:

dunno.. just don't understand this need for a RB, unless McK or Breida is in bad bad shape. :/ 

All off-season all I've heard how great Jimmy G and Mck have been. I'm starting to question big time what we are doing.

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

All off-season all I've heard how great Jimmy G and Mck have been. I'm starting to question big time what we are doing.

Maybe some team fell in love with Breida and has offered a juicy pick for him... but we wanted to make sure we locked in a good replacement?

I... I just dunno... It's the puzzles man... I can't do the puzzles!!!!

200w.webp?cid=3640f6095c897cdd577278676b

1 minute ago, John232 said:

Tbf our whole running back group is eternally questionable. So there’s that. 

True...but our two undrafted free agents last year ran for 5.3 and 7.7 yards per carry. Meanwhile, we have three other dudes in the backfield making 5+ million a piece. 

The Patriots proved to me that it’s perfectly normal to have a 3 headed backfield. It only makes it harder to gameplan against when there’s always a different threat. I’m fine with this move, at least it’s not Alfred Morris or Doug Martin 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

True...but our two undrafted free agents last year ran for 5.3 and 7.7 yards per carry. Meanwhile, we have three other dudes in the backfield making 5+ million a piece. 

Yeah but in limited sample size, Coleman is also substantially better than everyone not named Breida. 

At the cost, I’m fine with this. Doesn’t do much for me but not a lot of downside at the moment.

Archived