49ers sign Tevin Coleman RB

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, John232 said:

Yeah, oddly enough..they still seem to garner national respect and admiration too.

but for all the things they do right (draft relatively well, safe contracts, team chemistry) they just make choices that defy logic. Not grabbing an edge last year, over paying RBs when they have UDFA’s playing well, relying on historically unreliable people to man certain positions.

like..I still contend they ultimately do a better job than a good portion of Gms but man do they just make super stupid and weird calls sometimes. 

It actually made me laugh the other day when I was reading someone's mailbag (either Barrows or MM). Somebody asked if there was talk floating around the NFL that Lynch was easy to take advantage of and easy to be fleeced lol

2 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

But why is THIS move weird though? We very well may cut McK...or we just might prefer to have a back-up plan to the back-up. I understand not getting the Alexander move but THIS move I totally see the why and the logic. And they didn't overpay for once so I'm super pumped on that front. But if you're talking about the lack of activities in regards to safety, CB and WR thus far, I totally get it...off-season is still young tho

Yea this Free agency is only a piece of the pie. I’d wait until the draft plays out before it’s worth complaining about the direction. But so far this offseason i’m pretty satisfied in Ford, Kwon, Coleman, Verrett, and the release of useless vets. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

It actually made me laugh the other day when I was reading someone's mailbag (either Barrows or MM). Somebody asked if there was talk floating around the NFL that Lynch was easy to take advantage of and easy to be fleeced lol

Yea there was a Bleacher Report article that also mentioned that Lynch is over paying and were bashing his signings. 

14 minutes ago, DirtyJersey9er said:

I am starting to think picks 1, 2, and 3 are going to be any combo of edge/WR/Safety.  Free Agency is shoring up other areas for depth, pass rush, and LB corps.  

Bosa, CGJ, and Deebo. You're Welcome. 

3 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Yea this Free agency is only a piece of the pie. I’d wait until the draft plays out before it’s worth complaining about the direction. But so far this offseason i’m pretty satisfied in Ford, Kwon, Coleman, Verrett, and the release of useless vets. 

Wait....we signed Verrett?

Meh. Don't really care too much about the offense signings. Kyle getting the most out of a healthy Jimmy G is gonna the reason this offense clicks. Not if we have McKinnon or Breida or now Coleman in the backfield. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Thank god he has Paraag, Lynch throws money around like a jilted divorcee in a strip club. 

I will say as somewhat of a counterpoint, id much rather have a GM willing to fire on free agents than someone trying to sit back and hit the most efficient contracts and decsisions and thus never acquiring a FA..didn’t work for Ted Thompson. And in the NFL it’s way easier to walk back an inefficient contract compared to literally every other sport. 

As cringey as some one of these pickups have been, it still feels way more proactive and positive than our past regimes sans scott mcglougan

1 minute ago, John232 said:

Thank god he has Paraag, Lynch throws money around like a jilted divorcee in a strip club. 

I will say as somewhat of a counterpoint, id much rather have a GM willing to fire on free agents than someone trying to sit back and hit the most efficient contracts and decsisions and thus never acquiring a FA..didn’t work for Ted Thompson. And in the NFL it’s way easier to walk back an inefficient contract compared to literally every other sport. 

As cringey as some one of these pickups have been, it still feels way more proactive and positive than our past regimes sans scott mcglougan

Man he’s missed! I hope he was able to take care of his personal issues. Probably would be one of the top GMs if he would have been able to control his alcoholism (if memory serves me correctly). He just knew how to find talent! 

38 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

The Patriots proved to me that it’s perfectly normal to have a 3 headed backfield. It only makes it harder to gameplan against when there’s always a different threat. I’m fine with this move, at least it’s not Alfred Morris or Doug Martin 

McKinnon, Breida, Coleman, Mostert...one of them can't be active and it won't be Mostert.

This makes 0 sense

Guys, McKinnon is coming off a torn ACL, Breida was injured every other play, and Mostert has touched the ball 73 times in his career and has fumbled or broken a bone on an absurd 6.8% of them. This is a slight improvement where someone was always going to be added. But Coleman is good, cheap, and has had proven success in the system plus is the most proven player in the backfield. He's not even expensive enough to be prohibitive. 

I think this is a good improvement to the roster. And I think the team can fit all 4 on the team given that Mostert plays special teams. Just always keep the one that's injured that week on the inactive roster. 

Archived