49ers sign Tevin Coleman RB

49erurtaza

32 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yep, 5 million to a fullback. Dallas just signed a full back who's entire 3 year contract is worth less than we are paying juice this year lol. 

Doesn't make me feel any better about this front office knowing what they are doing. The net gain in nominal with this signing, meanwhile we are going to bring back Jimmie Ward to be not very good and get hurt 5 games into the season. 

As much as I love Kyle the coach I always worried about his ego. We need a real GM to manage the roster, not a talking head

22 minutes ago, StevenK said:

I also wonder if Breida is on the trade block, possibly? 

I really hope this is more of an indictment on McKinnon personally. I didn't really care for that signing last year. Maybe he's experiencing some sort of setback with his ACL recovery. I have more faith in Coleman as a runner than I do with McKinnon, but that's not to say McKinnon doesn't have value. T Moore showed out on special teams last year as a gunner, maybe they are expecting to move Mostert? I know he turned down a multi-year deal for a 1-year deal recently. 

23 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Guys, McKinnon is coming off a torn ACL, Breida was injured every other play, and Mostert has touched the ball 73 times in his career and has fumbled or broken a bone on an absurd 6.8% of them. This is a slight improvement where someone was always going to be added. But Coleman is good, cheap, and has had proven success in the system plus is the most proven player in the backfield. He's not even expensive enough to be prohibitive. 

I think this is a good improvement to the roster. And I think the team can fit all 4 on the team given that Mostert plays special teams. Just always keep the one that's injured that week on the inactive roster. 

I'm actually going to be surprised if Mostert is back unless we cut Jet or trade Breida (or Jet). I can't see us carrying 5 running backs on the roster (including Juice) 

Just now, oldman9er said:

Maybe take a step back and away then, and I say that with friendly intent. 

Why? I only talk about this stuff when I'm on here lol. Otherwise it matters little to nothing haha. But it's certainly a good point of discussion to be had on here. I like having spirited debate with intelligent people.

1 hour ago, P_locniners said:

Im not having an issue with this at all, Mckinnon coming off ACL and Breida with nagging injuries, why not sign a back that wouldn't skip a beat for a decent deal. I'm for it,  maybe get a little more creative with our backfield and spell McKinnon/ Breida.

I friggin' for it!

Yeah, I'm okay with it. Good player and not a bad contract, really. Just was not expecting or seeing the need for RB, but better to have 3 good backs versus just two proven ones with durability issues. 

Yeah, I'm okay with it. Good player and not a bad contract, really. Just was not expecting or seeing the need for RB, but better to have 3 good backs versus just two proven ones with durability issues. 

I agree completely, just covering our butts!

Just now, Forge said:

Why? I only talk about this stuff when I'm on here lol. Otherwise it matters little to nothing haha. But it's certainly a good point of discussion to be had on here. I like having spirited debate with intelligent people.

All good. You just seem to be burning up over there the last few days, and sometimes, a bit of a break soothes the soul. 

Guess I misread the mood. 

1 hour ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Yea this Free agency is only a piece of the pie. I’d wait until the draft plays out before it’s worth complaining about the direction. But so far this offseason i’m pretty satisfied in Ford, Kwon, Coleman, Verrett, and the release of useless vets. 

Yeah, it's not much of what I'd have done or tried for, but as it goes, I'm sure I'll be saying the very same thing after the Draft. 

200.webp?cid=3640f6095c899279694a7554739

All good. You just seem to be burning up over there the last few days, and sometimes, a bit of a break soothes the soul. 

Guess I misread the mood. 

Nah. Far too many other important things in the world to be actually upset about things like this. In the world of football fandom? Sure, I'll get to cut loose and express my opinions (hopefully mostly thoughtful, articulate manner that is also sometimes funny). Do I like what they have done? No...it makes my brain hurt in some regards sometimes lol. But its whatever. There's always something all of us don't like at one point or another. We are all still here in the GDT, we are all still here the next year rooting for another draft pick, another free agent signing, etc. The moves of the last two days have minimal lasting impact even to football fandom. It's not like we can change anything anyway lol. 

Archived