49ers sign Tevin Coleman RB

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, Madridista said:

Lmao these people have no clue how to build a roster. I mean decent player but what's the point.

McKinnon torn ACL, Brieda in 2018 was a walking bandaid. There's nothing wrong with a 3 RB committee which the Patriots showed and I'm sure Shanny can make use of him like he did so well in ATL. 

Kinda out of left field for me, but i can see us liking this a lot during the season, if we can effectively utilize a 3 headed monster at RB (McKinnon, Breida, Coleman). I'm a fan of more weapons and Shanny has experience with him.

5 minutes ago, mw2noobbuster said:

Is Lynch the one that negotiates the contracts though? I thought that was Paraag. 

Paraag negotiates the contracts from what I understand but ultimately it’s up to John Lynch how high we are willing to go and how important a player is to this team. 

2 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Guess technically, Lynch has to approve the contracts that Paraag constructs. 

So is it really fair to pin the hefty contracts on Lynch if Paraag and Shanny have an obvious influence on it? I agree with what @Gore Whore 21 said that Lynch sets the bar and gives the final nod, but still. I like this regime a lot more than the Baalke regime. 

3 minutes ago, mw2noobbuster said:

So is it really fair to pin the hefty contracts on Lynch if Paraag and Shanny have an obvious influence on it? I agree with what @Gore Whore 21 said that Lynch sets the bar and gives the final nod, but still. I like this regime a lot more than the Baalke regime. 

It's actually funny...I never terribly minded Baalke's free agency approach, particularly in the early going. He was constrained in a manner which we aren't now, so he had to be more judicious, and I thought he made appropriate risks and made some decent signings (until the team completely flatlined - the year he only got Zane Beadles in free agency was horrific). But he couldn't draft at all. Here, I'm liking the drafts...not liking the FA approach too much (though I think the trades have both been good)

11 minutes ago, mw2noobbuster said:

Is Lynch the one that negotiates the contracts though? I thought that was Paraag. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2825069-john-lynchs-continued-aggressiveness-in-free-agency-could-doom-49ers 

This is the report I was referring to, but you are correct Paraag is the numbers guy. I think they are just referring to the type of ppl he is bringing in

9 minutes ago, mw2noobbuster said:

It's a fair and interesting question. Some fans feel that a GM should open his wallet and trust his guys to do what is best. Some GMs take a more direct interest in making specific decisions. I get the sense that Lynch falls somewhere in between. He respects his guys, but probably steps in when he doesn't care for something. At the end of the day, my pure guess is.. yes.. Lynch does have to shoulder much of the choices.

5 minutes ago, StevenK said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2825069-john-lynchs-continued-aggressiveness-in-free-agency-could-doom-49ers 

This is the report I was referring to, but you are correct Paraag is the numbers guy. I think they are just referring to the type of ppl he is bringing in

I get the criticism of the Alexander contract, because quite frankly, it deserves to be criticized. It's a bit on the insane side. And most people have called us out on that. But it's a little hard to take this article seriously when this is in the first real paragraph:

The 49ers followed that move by adding to a position of strength when Lynch agreed to a trade a 2020 second-round draft pick to the Kansas City Chiefs for Dee Ford, according to The MMQB's Albert Breer

Adding to a position of strength? Riiiiiiiiiiiight. 

Just now, oldman9er said:

It's a fair and interesting question. Some fans feel that a GM should open his wallet and trust his guys to do what is best. Some GMs take a more direct interest in making specific decisions. I get the sense that Lynch falls somewhere in between. He respects his guys, but probably steps in when he doesn't care for something. At the end of the day, my pure guess is.. yes.. Lynch does have to shoulder much of the choices.

Indeed. And Lynch is still new to the GM position relatively, so I wouldn't be surprised if he takes the back seat more than often and lets the other guys get more input in like you said. We'll never truly know unless we're in there with him.  

Just now, Forge said:

I get the criticism of the Alexander contract, because quite frankly, it deserves to be criticized. It's a bit on the insane side. And most people have called us out on that. But it's a little hard to take this article seriously when this is in the first real paragraph:

Adding to a position of strength? Riiiiiiiiiiiight. 

The only position of strength there is Marsh's kung fu kicks lol. 

The main problem I have with this signing is that he is basically taking breidas spot. 

I mean, we know mostert will be active for STs. Then McKinnon probably will too. We aren't going to have 5 running backs active including juice. You only get 46 active guys 

Breida earned a role on this offense last year. I just don't get this move unless we plan on trading breida. 

Archived