49ers sign Tevin Coleman RB

49erurtaza

Mckinnon is coming off a serious injury and unless you are Adrian Peterson it takes longer than a year to get back to normal. Now I'm sure Mckinnon will be game ready if he has no setbacks but adding Coleman just gives the team an insurance policy. Breida, Mckinnon and Coleman if all three are active can gash a defense in different ways and just wear them down. I really like the signing. Speed more speed and a bruiser with speed. 

5 hours ago, N4L said:

The main problem I have with this signing is that he is basically taking breidas spot. 

I mean, we know mostert will be active for STs. Then McKinnon probably will too. We aren't going to have 5 running backs active including juice. You only get 46 active guys 

Breida earned a role on this offense last year. I just don't get this move unless we plan on trading breida. 

Assuming Mostert is brought back (he's an RFA i believe), I think all 5 will be active to start the season. You know at some point one of them is going to get banged up.

12 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

3.6 for year one is a cap-friendly number for RBs right now. I don't know the details of the deal, but I'm guessing this is essentially a 1 year deal with the ability to get out of it in year two, if needed.

Also, NcFinest, did you see the second official Avengers trailer that just came out??  

49 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

3.6 for year one is a cap-friendly number for RBs right now. I don't know the details of the deal, but I'm guessing this is essentially a 1 year deal with the ability to get out of it in year two, if needed.

Also, NcFinest, did you see the second official Avengers trailer that just came out??  

Yes, sure did. I thought it was a joke when it popped up on my twitter feed.

32 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Yes, sure did. I thought it was a joke when it popped up on my twitter feed.

I did too! I saw recycled clips from older movies and thought it was fan art. I watched it three times now and the ending still gives me goosebumps. I'm going tomorrow night to see Captain Marvel, finally.

Just now, NinerNation21 said:

I did too! I saw recycled clips from older movies and thought it was fan art. I watched it three times now and the ending still gives me goosebumps. I'm going tomorrow night to see Captain Marvel, finally.

I think i'm up to TEN views now...at slower speeds haha

4 minutes ago, N4L said:

There is a reason his market was soft. He did not look great as the lead back after Freeman went down and he only fits our scheme. 

Touchdowns in the last three seasons:

Tevin Coleman: 28

49ers RBs: 28

I think he will be serviceable with Shanny running the offense. 

21 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Honestly, hardly any of the deals we hand out ever benefit the player. I wonder how much agents around the league hate dealing with Marathe and Lynch? Lol, maybe that's why we lost out on some of these free agents. 

It's not that they don't benefit the player...we do typically give them a ton of money up front, after all. We are only tied to one year with Kwon, for example, but that one year will get him 15 million or something like that, which is a crazy high sum. McKinnon got 10 last year. I saw one article categorize it as "pay as you go", and they named us as one of the teams who do contracts right. So I think that players do get benefits from it, but it's short term and it makes them live up to the back end of the deal, though if they do, they may be getting more than they would have elsewhere (See Check, Juice) 

19 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Honestly, hardly any of the deals we hand out ever benefit the player. I wonder how much agents around the league hate dealing with Marathe and Lynch? Lol, maybe that's why we lost out on some of these free agents. 

I think they benefit the player in that when they perform they will get payed more than at other teams. Its just when a guy doesn't perform or doesn't perform enough they either are pretty easy to cut or their pay will reduce. Especially because we don't seem to hand out signing bonusses and rather have a big base hit in the first year that is guaranteed.

Archived