Sign in to follow this  
49erurtaza

49ers Re-sign Jimmie Ward

Probably like a one year 4-5M type of deal. It's fine, just can't count on him being healthy. Will be interesting to see where he starts out playing at. FS or CB? 

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. 

Really. Don't play him at corner though. I still have nightmares of his interpretations of his cover 3 responsibilities.

Well I guess we aren’t going after Berry...

I hope we know of someone in the draft that can be an instant starter lol..😒

Really depends on the value and length for me but i don't hate it. Really think if he can stay healthy which is a big if he is a nice piece to have. 

Just now, XScutterX said:

They brought him back to test out the new medical staff...

Line of the week....

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Probably like a one year 4-5M type of deal. It's fine, just can't count on him being healthy. Will be interesting to see where he starts out playing at. FS or CB? 

You hit it on the nail

2 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. 

Really. Don't play him at corner though. I still have nightmares of his interpretations of his cover 3 responsibilities.

All we need is for him to have a full offseason healthy as a FS!!! Then he will lead the league in INTs!!!!

Amazing what we as fans sell ourselves on SMH lol.

This guy is trash. Would rather the cap space.

All of free agency has been pure meh. Moves aren't terrible in a vacuum but do not inspire confidence these guys can build, and especially maintain, a contender.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

All we need is for him to have a full offseason healthy as a FS!!! Then he will lead the league in INTs!!!!

Amazing what we as fans sell ourselves on SMH lol.

I refuse to acknowledge that I stand by the Jimmie Ward thing. I don't think that he's worth money other than the minimum or a roster spot. This one, I absolutely do not agree with. And although I am capable of enormous hubris, I do not foresee myself being wrong. 

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You nailed it!

You know, if we had signed him to 3 years, we may have stood a chance of getting a full season's worth of games out of the contract. 

Jonathan Cooper signed a similar contract a year ago. This doesn't mean anything other than Ward will be back to compete for another year. 

This move is only a problem if it is the last move made at the position group.