49ers Re-sign Jimmie Ward

49erurtaza

43 minutes ago, Forge said:

I have had WR pegged as the #2 pick for a while now, though I will admit, I personally at this point may lean FS more in the second just because its a far more shallow talent pool in my opinion. I think there's a very good chance that we are still getting a very good receiver talent in the third round if we waited that long. 

That being said, given all the free agent movement, I woudln't be shocked at all if the Free Safety class tumbled a bit and someone like Thornhill is still there in the third. 

That last part is my hope. EDGE, WR, Thornhill falling to the 3rd.

2 hours ago, John232 said:

Savage is another guy likely to be there in the third too. Then the Boston College kid too.

Guess you mean Lukas Denis? and if so, he should be available on day 3, I would guess. I like him as a fit too. 

9 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

I don't think we were ever chasing Earl or any other safety. Barrows seemed echo this statement. 

I think we gave Earl's agent a call, just to be polite and say we tried. After all, Sherman had been "recruiting" Thomas. So yeah, we "tried", but Thomas decided to go elsewhere.

On 3/14/2019 at 1:58 PM, y2lamanaki said:

Thornhill falling to the 3rd.

Seriously doubt that happens. If we want him, his name has to be called@36. Honestly, wouldn't surprise me in the least if he was a late first rounder. The only real question was just how good of an athlete is he and his Combine performance completely put that to bed. There aren't many true man coverage safeties in the league and his tape at CB is better than most of the CBs in this draft. It's just that his wingspan is on the shorter side but I feel alot of teams will value his ability to cover the slot...or maybe even go back to CB, as well as his range in the middle of the field and will value him bottom of the first. Especially the playoff teams that don't really have long-term answers@FS like the Rams and Eagles. But ultimately I think his best landing spot could be the Pats@31. Belichick loves versatility in his DBs and McCourty is getting up their in milegae. Thornhill would really be a good fit for what the Pats like to do on defense. I'd be mildly shocked if he isn't the first FS off the board and utterly dumbfounded if he last past the middle of the 2nd. 

This will be the year, Jimmie. 16 full games, and 3 more in the postseason. The crowd will roar with fervent approval, and you sir, will be carried upon the shoulders of grown men in joyous tears.

I believe, Jimmie. I believe. 

200w.webp?cid=3640f6095c8c0b077464456f77

9 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

This will be the year, Jimmie. 16 full games, and 3 more in the postseason. The crowd will roar with fervent approval, and you sir, will be carried upon the shoulders of grown men in joyous tears.

I believe, Jimmie. I believe. 

200w.webp?cid=3640f6095c8c0b077464456f77

I hope we're not a wildcard team in this scenario :(

Archived