Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SBLIII

Bills sign Andre Roberts

Recommended Posts

Bills going for the shortest receiving corp in the league?  Smoke Brown, Beasley, now Roberts.  Daq Williams is the tallest wideout in that corps at 6'3".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Bills going for the shortest receiving corp in the league?  Smoke Brown, Beasley, now Roberts.  Daq Williams is the tallest wideout in that corps at 6'3".

Foster and Jones come in at 6'2. I would bet the Bills are about average for height.  And Roberts is just a special teams add anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Bills going for the shortest receiving corp in the league?  Smoke Brown, Beasley, now Roberts.  Daq Williams is the tallest wideout in that corps at 6'3".

For the leagues most inaccurate QB 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NYJets4716 said:

For the leagues most inaccurate QB 

Built-in excuse?  (Granted, I do expect them to draft a WR)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Foster and Jones come in at 6'2. I would bet the Bills are about average for height.  And Roberts is just a special teams add anyway. 

Granted I'm just going off of memory, but I've got a really good memory for minutia like this.  I honestly believe it's slightly below average.  You've got Ray-Ray McCloud in there who's 5'10," Isaiah McKenzie who's 5'7" on a good day.  The Rams, by comparison, have only 3 players under 6'0" - Brandin Cooks, Austin Proehl, and JoJo Natson (who I can't actually recall see taking a regular season offensive snap).  With DeSean now traded, Tampa has only one sub-6'0" receiver.  The Pats have the shortest, in terms of average height, WR corps in the league, but they also only have 4 WR's rostered right now, depending on whether or not you count Josh Gordon.  Jacksonville, a team most would probably associate with having "smaller" WR's, doesn't have a WR under 6'0".  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

For the leagues most inaccurate QB 

Now he won’t have to throw in the flat. Bombs away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Now he won’t have to throw in the flat. Bombs away. 

Statements like this make me wonder how much film from Dallas of Cole Beasley you've seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Statements like this make me wonder how much film from Dallas of Cole Beasley you've seen.

Who said he was the one running deep?  He doesnt fit the bombs away scheme. Won’t last

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The LBC said:

Granted I'm just going off of memory, but I've got a really good memory for minutia like this.  I honestly believe it's slightly below average.  You've got Ray-Ray McCloud in there who's 5'10," Isaiah McKenzie who's 5'7" on a good day.  The Rams, by comparison, have only 3 players under 6'0" - Brandin Cooks, Austin Proehl, and JoJo Natson (who I can't actually recall see taking a regular season offensive snap).  With DeSean now traded, Tampa has only one sub-6'0" receiver.  The Pats have the shortest, in terms of average height, WR corps in the league, but they also only have 4 WR's rostered right now, depending on whether or not you count Josh Gordon.  Jacksonville, a team most would probably associate with having "smaller" WR's, doesn't have a WR under 6'0".  

 

I get what you're saying but Ray Ray and McKenzie could both be the odd guys out. My guess for how the receiver position shakes out is:

Zay (6'2), Foster (6'2), Beasley (5'8), Brown (5'11) rookie or McKenzie, Williams (6'3) and Roberts (5'11).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Who said he was the one running deep?  He doesnt fit the bombs away scheme. Won’t last

Beasley won't last? Bills have been aching for a slot guy forever. He is exactly what Daboll wants in his offense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The LBC said:

Bills going for the shortest receiving corp in the league?  Smoke Brown, Beasley, now Roberts.  Daq Williams is the tallest wideout in that corps at 6'3".

Going to be really hard to beat the 49ers in this category.

Trent Taylor, 5'9". Richie James, 5'9". Goodwin, 5'9". Pettis, 6'1". Kendrick Bourne, 6'1". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×