Jaguars release Blake Bortles

SBLIII

9 minutes ago, Riftty said:

I could see Mcvay working some magic with him.

Best of luck to him, but I doubt this.

His biggest issue is that he's not a natural thrower of the football. No matter how much he works on them, he can't get proper arm mechanics to stick. He's spent offseason after offseason working with the best in the world on it and has even brought guys in to work with during the season, and he just can't get it right.

I hope he figures it out somewhere and finds a way to have a great career because everything about him is a dude you want to root for. But I just don't see it happening.

4 minutes ago, pwny said:

His biggest issue is that he's not a natural thrower of the football. No matter how much he works on them, he can't get proper arm mechanics to stick. He's spent offseason after offseason working with the best in the world on it and has even brought guys in to work with during the season, and he just can't get it right.

I hope he figures it out somewhere and finds a way to have a great career because everything about him is a dude you want to root for. But I just don't see it happening.

Well, if McVay can't fix him, he'll just end up as a NFL Head Coach in two years for having been graced with McVay's presence. ;)

6 minutes ago, pwny said:

So...in other words, he's an idiot, right? 

1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:

So...in other words, he's an idiot, right? 

Not at all. Virtually nobody has ever changed their arm slot that drastically and made it stick. Muscle memory is really hard to overcome when it comes to arm slot. There are high-level pitchers out there with throwing motions we know will cause major injuries that can't even change their arm slot. Instead of being able to rebuild it, staffs end up sitting on their hands and just hoping the guy doesn't blow out his arm. Most NFL coaches will tell you that you can't fix arm mechanics at all and the only thing you should ever focus on is cleaning up footwork and body activity.

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Well, if McVay can't fix him, he'll just end up as a NFL Head Coach in two years for having been graced with McVay's presence. ;)

Yeah, He turned Goff into the 8th highest rated QB last year so Bortles should be at least a top 10-12 QB with McVay.

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah, He turned Goff into the 8th highest rated QB last year so Bortles should be at least a top 10-12 QB with McVay.

Even better reason for us to sign him on the cheap. Make him look good and then trade him to some dimwitted team. xD

7 hours ago, pwny said:

Not at all. Virtually nobody has ever changed their arm slot that drastically and made it stick. Muscle memory is really hard to overcome when it comes to arm slot. There are high-level pitchers out there with throwing motions we know will cause major injuries that can't even change their arm slot. Instead of being able to rebuild it, staffs end up sitting on their hands and just hoping the guy doesn't blow out his arm. Most NFL coaches will tell you that you can't fix arm mechanics at all and the only thing you should ever focus on is cleaning up footwork and body activity.

Image result for The Man with the Golden armImage result for arm slot

12 hours ago, pwny said:

Gotcha.

11 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Giving up on Goff already?

11 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

If not being able to throw a football at a starting-NFL-QB level makes someone an idiot, I suppose you, as well as everyone else on this forum, is an imbecile, yeah?

Boy, you're a firey nacho right now, aren't you? :D

Archived