Jets re-sign DB Darryl Roberts

jetskid007

Officially a 3 year, $18 million deal. 

Suggests he will have a significant role next year, and it's warranted: he was our second most reliable defensive back behind Adams. 

My guess is he will play a lot more on the perimeter next year as a starter after splitting time between CB and FS in 2018, but Gregg will likely take advantage of his versatility. 

6 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Officially a 3 year, $18 million deal. 

Suggests he will have a significant role next year, and it's warranted: he was our second most reliable defensive back behind Adams. 

My guess is he will play a lot more on the perimeter next year as a starter after splitting time between CB and FS in 2018, but Gregg will likely take advantage of his versatility. 

I feel like a lot of people are gonna be against this move, but i thought he looked good last year when we actually played him at CB.

I’m okay with this signing. I know a lot of fans are going to question it, but he played really well at CB before they moved him to FS. I hope they bring in one other outside corner to compete. Brashaud Breeland would be a nice addition. 

28 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

I’m okay with this signing. I know a lot of fans are going to question it, but he played really well at CB before they moved him to FS. I hope they bring in one other outside corner to compete. Brashaud Breeland would be a nice addition. 

I would like a solid nickel CB. Bryce Callahan is still out there, he'd be my next target.

Also wanna see more of what Derrick Jones can do this year, he showed well in limited time last year and if he does the same in a bigger role this year, he makes Tru expendable.

Archived