The Kansas City Chiefs will be the team of 2019-2020

Buckweath

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

Just bad defense regardless of scheme, and a HC that always outsmarts himself in the playoffs. 

At least with their 3-4 they had an elite pass rush; just need better ILBs and some upgrades in the secondary.

The Chiefs certainly will have the capability to be the team in the 2019-2020 season. The defense has to improve because as we saw in the playoffs, if you cant make stops you arent going to win. Mahomes had an historical season and I dont think he will be as good as he was statistically as he was last season. He can still be efficient without the gaudy stats. As for Reid, he just cant seem to get over the hump and he has had some talented teams. There is no reason for him to only have one Superbowl appearance. We shall see if this will finally be the year though he wins it.

The Chiefs will be one of the teams competing though. I think the Colts will be in the mix and the Patriots out of the AFC. In the NFC I think the Eagles will be back long as Wentz can stay healthy. The Rams and the Saints will be in the mix. Those teams in my mind will be serious contention as the team of 2019-2020. 

Edited by stl4life07

1 hour ago, Buckweath said:

I obviously expected to get laughed at posting this, especially at this moment after the departure of Houston, Ford and Berry, but I have felt real confident about this and I dont care. You will see.

Don’t worry I laughed at you

The Chiefs are going to be formidable again this year. The Chiefs have unloaded alot of good players in the past (Flowers, Maclin,  Charles) and everyone expects them to fall off the face of the earth but it usually works out for them. 

I expect the same thing to happen in 2019. The offense will continue to be elite, the defense will be subpar, but how subpar? Getting a new coaching staff is an important first step. The players poor communication and lack of fundamentals was at times appalling. They needed a new voice and new schemes. 

We’ll see what additions KC can make in the draft and Free Agency

Edited by Nightime