The Kansas City Chiefs will be the team of 2019-2020

Buckweath

Released a lot of good players from that defense. Hunt is gone. Really haven't added many new impact players. Is Mahomes the real deal or a 1 season wonder? Lots of ? surrounding the team before they can be called the team of 2019-2020/

1 minute ago, game3525 said:

But that is a talent issue, not a scheme one. 

I was getting at the combination of both will probably end up meaning a lost year for the Chiefs. A little drag down from the conversion (takes time), a little drag down from the reshuffling. On the bright side for the Chiefs, it's a perfect time to initiate the change. No need to convert Houston or Ford to DEs, etc. 

15 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I was getting at the combination of both will probably end up meaning a lost year for the Chiefs. A little drag down from the conversion (takes time), a little drag down from the reshuffling. On the bright side for the Chiefs, it's a perfect time to initiate the change. No need to convert Houston or Ford to DEs, etc. 

I don't think the switch is that big of a deal. The Chargers switched from a 3-4 in 2016 to a 4-3 in 2017 and there were no real growing pains. The difference between a 3-4 and 4-3 is not what it once was 12-15 years ago. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Vee-Rex said:

I think the Chiefs are winning the Super Bowl, but that's just my opinion.

I think they have as good of a chance a season anyone, but there are major questions along the defense and Reid has his history of underperforming in big games.  Both super important during playoff football.