The Kansas City Chiefs will be the team of 2019-2020

Buckweath

On 3/14/2019 at 1:31 AM, cp0k2 said:

Takes me back to the old forum days and the annual hyping of the Chiefs thread. Now we just have to wait for Ace's Redskins post and everything will be right on schedule.

In all fairness to Ace, he was close with his prediction last year. Guice was only 2000 yards short of hitting the 2000 yard mark. No reason to think he won't get it this year.

• Like 9

People who think the Chiefs will have a terrible defense will be pleasantly surprised. The Dline is set though maybe a draft pick could be spent there. At the LB, they need an addition but it will come through a high draft pick. The secondary needs a few players right now but the offseason is far from finished and the Chiefs have an extra 2nd round pick this year and next year. I just feel real confident about this team. You will see, just like you saw with Mahomes.

56 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

not sure it smelled all that great when it was first posted. Typically teams with no defense dont do well.

Agreed, i sad the same thing on the first page. My boy @Buckweath forgot his second best player was a scumbag that could implode at any minute. Let’s see if the Chiefs remain consistent and cut Hill too...after more evidence of course, but at this point I’m willing to bet the story is true based off of his past. I’m guessing the keep him though.

10 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

People who think the Chiefs will have a terrible defense will be pleasantly surprised. The Dline is set though maybe a draft pick could be spent there. At the LB, they need an addition but it will come through a high draft pick. The secondary needs a few players right now but the offseason is far from finished and the Chiefs have an extra 2nd round pick this year and next year. I just feel real confident about this team. You will see, just like you saw with Mahomes.

The DL doesn't exactly appear to be set. The DTs are good but the ends appear underwhelming to me.

Edited by SBLIII

3 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

Who is he throwing the ball too? Teams are gonna triple cover Kelce. You gonna count on Sammy Watkins? Lmfao. 

On 3/16/2019 at 12:09 AM, stl4life07 said:

I agree. No Hunt and possibly no Hill for most of the season and with the defense trying to revamp, its going to be interesting to see how Mahomes does this season. Watkins will certainly come in handy for what they paid him last offseason. So he is going to need to stay healthy and produce.

If Tyreek Hill is suspended for the year, Chiefs won't make playoff.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SBLIII said:

The DL doesn't exactly appear to be set. The DTs are good but the ends appear underwhelming to me.

The ends are Speaks, Kpassagnon and Okafor. They are counting on the progression of Speaks and Kpassagnon with a better fit in the 4-3 but with Jones and Nnadi at DT, I would say they are set. I dont expect any other addition there other than a draft pick.

Losing Hill would be a big blow to the offense but Kelce, Watkins and Robinson is a decent receiving group. Surely a each would add another WR too. Great weapons always help but I have said before I dont think Mahomes needs great weapons, especially now that he has a full year under his belt, to be great. You guys need to rewatch that Broncos vs Chiefs 2017 week 17 game.

9 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Agreed, i sad the same thing on the first page. My boy @Buckweath forgot his second best player was a scumbag that could implode at any minute. Let’s see if the Chiefs remain consistent and cut Hill too...after more evidence of course, but at this point I’m willing to bet the story is true based off of his past. I’m guessing the keep him though.

Nice on topic comment. Troll harder.

4 hours ago, Buckweath said:

The ends are Speaks, Kpassagnon and Okafor. They are counting on the progression of Speaks and Kpassagnon with a better fit in the 4-3 but with Jones and Nnadi at DT, I would say they are set. I dont expect any other addition there other than a draft pick.

Losing Hill would be a big blow to the offense but Kelce, Watkins and Robinson is a decent receiving group. Surely a each would add another WR too. Great weapons always help but I have said before I dont think Mahomes needs great weapons, especially now that he has a full year under his belt, to be great. You guys need to rewatch that Broncos vs Chiefs 2017 week 17 game.

Tyreek is probably the 2nd most important player on that team besides Mahommes.

What he does to opposing defenses is very very crucial to the success of the Chiefs offense. You always have to account for him, you always have to have someone playing deep, you can only be so aggressive with blitz packages, it allows guys like Kelce and Watkins to get open way more often than they otherwise would be able to.

Taking Hill away from this Chiefs offense just makes them so much easier to match up against. You double cover Kelce and let your defense do its thing from there. I still think they will be a very good offense, but very good isn't enough when you have the Chiefs defense. To be an actual contender in the AFC, their offense has to be electric like the 2018 offense. I don't think it can be close to the same level without Hill, and the loss of Hunt also was and still will be a big blow.

10 hours ago, Buckweath said:

Werent you that guy on the old forum who would make these types of threads pimping the Chiefs to no end, and act super confident about them....and then when you were wrong, you would completely disappear?

Probably was you, but there were several Chiefs fans back then making ridiculous claims.

And for the record, I actually like the Chiefs and think they will be good....but THE team?   Hmmm....we'll see.

The question is gonna be can the offense maintain their insane pace from last year. Cause the defense is making look like they're gonna have to.

Hill's suspension/not suspension/cut/not cut is gonna be huge too. That offense isn't what it was without him taking the top off and stretching defenses in every way.

I could absolutely see them as the #1 seed. I could also absolutely see them as the #5 seed.

• Like 1