The Kansas City Chiefs will be the team of 2019-2020

Buckweath

I'll believe it when I see it.

The Chiefs finally elevated themselves from "regular playoff contender" to "force to be reckoned with" last year, I'll give them that. They were spectacular. But that season is history, other teams have a year's worth of film on Mahomes, and only time will tell if they have a similar impact on offense while making sufficient improvements on defense in 2019. It won't be easy.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2019 at 12:38 PM, Buckweath said:

Lol. You Colts got murdered by the Chiefs merely a few weeks ago. You need to calm down.

Colts will have a good team but they're not surpassing the Chiefs at all next year.

Divisional was played in January, that was not a few weeks ago. 

You can keep talking about what happened in the past when really that **** doesn't even matter. You're a Chiefs fan, you of all teams should know this. Your team went from a Wild Card loss to an AFCCG appearance within a year. No one saw y'all going as far as y'all did and no one saw Mahomes' MVP campaign coming. Things change. 

Colts will be a top 2 team in the AFC next season, and you can quote me on that one come Fall.

Edited by ManningGM

On 3/27/2019 at 12:50 PM, game3525 said:

Maybe in terms of record because of the schedule. But sure as hell not because of roster talent. 

Indy has a tough schedule next season, so I don't know what you're getting at here.

• 5 months later...

I just wanted to double down on this take before the season starts.

The Chiefs are about to field an absolute powerhouse this season. They will be a juggernaut.

Wish Brett Veach could have done more for that CB group before the season starts but still trust the defense to be decent.

I used to think the Chargers might give the Chiefs a bit of challenge in the AFC West but no more after seeing those injuries and holdout.

Edited by Buckweath
  • Like 1