Baker Mayfield

rocky_rams

11 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

At least our QB is not on a ridiculously bloated fully guaranteed contract. Have fun next season cause I know I will. 

Mayfield looks to be a good qb. I don't know why you feel the need to pick on Cousins. He'll come off the books in 2 years. He's was the most pressured QB with arguably the worst line on the NFL. Have your fun because it'll be only a year ...maybe two that you'll have fun. You have to pay those players. The Vikings in the past have won the off season. It never turns out as good as you hope it will

I totally get the offseason hype with the Browns. My Rams experienced it last offseason. Mayfield is essentially in the same spot as Goff was. The talent is around him, the expectations are high. I want to see Mayfield lead this Browns team as far as it is capable of going. The division is there for the taking now that the Steelers lost two super star players and the Ravens lost talent and leadership. Not to mention we have no clue how Lamar will fair with a full season as the starter and the expectations that are placed on him as well to lead the team. I want to see Lamar be consistent threat throwing the football. 

If the Browns dont live up to expectations which will be to win the division or at least make the playoffs its going to be because of the inexperience from the head coach Kitchens and the quarterback Mayfield. We dont know how Kitchens will fair as the full time head coach. Will he even be any good? We dont know just yet. Its on thing to be the OC but its another thing to be the HC. Just ask Dirk Koetter. He worked so well with Winston that they fired Lovie Smith just to promote Koetter to HC and he didnt do anything with the Bucs. I believe in the Browns though from everything they have done last offseason and this offseason. Now its time to go out there and prove it.

34 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

The Browns hype after free agency is hilarious

Im a Browns fan and yeah its a lot, but its fun (at least for us). Maybe its because Murphys Law has came into play to kick my Cleveland sports fandom in the nuts on a yearly basis with all 3 teams ever since I was old enough to be emotionally invested---but Im cautiously optimistic. Still some question marks on the roster at certain positions and all peoples predictions right now are extremely lofty. 

Have to go out and prove it, hope for good health and growth from young guys. But still.....it doesnt hurt to riiiiiide the waaaaaave and be excited xD

4 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

They're going to become hated if this keeps up. And jinx it all.

Everyone calm down. They have talent. Let's see what happens.

Most Browns fans won't care if the Browns are hated as long as they are good. If a puppy gets kicked it's entire life and turns into a big mean dog I'm not holding it against the dog for what happens to those that kicked him.

We also don't care about Baker winning accolades, just win us games. There is a lot to prove, Browns haven't had a winning season in forever so there may be some growing pains along the way but Baker is as cool as a cucumber on the field so I wouldn't expect any pressure to bother him. If the team is capable of winning I believe he will do his part to make that happen. If it is 30 TD passes, 40 or even more I don't really care.

I'm not sure if I like this. I'd prefer to be underestimated.

With that said... whenever we do win the Super Bowl, I expect that I and half the Browns forum will be banned within a week afterwards. 😎

Archived