Baker Mayfield

rocky_rams

2 minutes ago, DawgX said:

It's only a matter of time until we get the old scrabble back.

Start off with a nice run of wins followed by a heartbreaking loss to New England/LA Rams (probably on the road) coming off of a short week.

LOL

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

BTW, for those of you reading and laughing, our forum is literally like this all the time. If anything, this is a relatively dull and normal Thursday for us.

yeah this is the most united weve ever been in ... ever

6 minutes ago, buno67 said:

It’s ok...

that was all prior to King Homer!

that was B.K.H. We are living in a A.K.H. Era now. That I will now be infecting NFL Gen and NFL News with the greatness of Amer...the worlds team, The F’ing Cleveland Browns

ok u get a crown but not a timescale

36 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Start off with a nice run of wins followed by a heartbreaking loss to New England/LA Rams (probably on the road) coming off of a short week.

LOL

We’re getting NE opening night!

I want NE!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvYoPrAlvvusWJfZMwZWR

7 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

They don’t have the offensive line. We’ve seen teams loaded at the skill positions and it means nothing without the line. I still think he’ll probably a Pro Bowler because he is an awesome player and they are loaded

This is a very declarative statement from you. Why are you so sure we don't have the offensive line? Have you followed all of our players?

This is assuming we don't add to it because the offseason is far from over.

7 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

They don’t have the offensive line. We’ve seen teams loaded at the skill positions and it means nothing without the line. I still think he’ll probably a Pro Bowler because he is an awesome player and they are loaded

Yep - See Minnesota

Just now, MWil23 said:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Browns were 16th including the Hue games.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/12/19/18147754/baker-mayfield-freddie-kitchens-cleveland-browns

Under Kitchens in his 7 games, FIRST IN THE NFL IN HITS ALLOWED.

Put this crazy notion to rest. It's absolute garbage.

And while we realize that will take a hit with the loss of Zeitler, much of this comes from Baker/Freddie. He doesnt hold the ball too long and we draw quick hitters when needed. Hopefully with Monkon that would at least stay steady.

8 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Oh well if PFF says so[insert old eye rolling emoji]

From weeks 9-17, they allowed only NINE QB hits. Not sacks, HITS.

That's while facing some pretty elite pass rushers as well.

We've lost one player on that offensive line, while a good player, we've been grooming our 2018 2nd round pick for a full year to take over. To say "we don't have an offensive line" is ludicrous.

36 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Oh well if PFF says so[insert old eye rolling emoji]

I love how people dismiss 3rd party analytics because it doesn’t fit their narrative. 😂 

PFF says they played well.  Raw numbers say they played well last year (under Freddie) with 5 sacks allowed the last 8 games (3 in the last 7!).  Every fan who watches the team says they played well.  

vs.

Guy who watched a few series of TNF half tanked and just googled their roster says they didn’t.

Now, before the hyperbole and clever “What, now the Browns have the best OL in the league too lol 😂 “ comments ensue, I’m not saying that at all. I think we have a reasonably talented group of vets who do their job fairly well.  Baker and Freddie make their job easy too.

Do they have a line like Dallas talent wise?  Hell no, but it’s good enough to be effective.  Barring injury there is no reason to think our OL will hold us back.

Archived