Baker Mayfield

rocky_rams

15 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I totally get the offseason hype with the Browns. My Rams experienced it last offseason. Mayfield is essentially in the same spot as Goff was. The talent is around him, the expectations are high. I want to see Mayfield lead this Browns team as far as it is capable of going. The division is there for the taking now that the Steelers lost two super star players and the Ravens lost talent and leadership. Not to mention we have no clue how Lamar will fair with a full season as the starter and the expectations that are placed on him as well to lead the team. I want to see Lamar be consistent threat throwing the football. 

If the Browns dont live up to expectations which will be to win the division or at least make the playoffs its going to be because of the inexperience from the head coach Kitchens and the quarterback Mayfield. We dont know how Kitchens will fair as the full time head coach. Will he even be any good? We dont know just yet. Its on thing to be the OC but its another thing to be the HC. Just ask Dirk Koetter. He worked so well with Winston that they fired Lovie Smith just to promote Koetter to HC and he didnt do anything with the Bucs. I believe in the Browns though from everything they have done last offseason and this offseason. Now its time to go out there and prove it.

In their defense your hype was warranted since you made the SB

1 hour ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Oh well if PFF says so[insert old eye rolling emoji]

Ok well the browns return 4 starters from last year. Starters that barely let Baker get touched the last 8 games of the year. They traded their over paid RG to get a Over paid but productive DE. The RG will be replaced by a 2nd rd pick from the year before that the FO deems ready and will be coached up by one of the best offensive line coaches in the league in Campen 

27 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

I just don’t want you guys getting your hopes up, I got the same way when we got Gabbert

Difference was Gabbert was never good or special. He wasn’t that special at Mizzu

Baker is the true best young qb and the gold standard for qbs under 26. What he did in Cleveland and wasnt dependant on a scheme and personnel is a true testament to how great he is. He will be the best qb in the NFL in 3 years. He needs to clean up some of the immaturity. Keep the competitive edge. But lose the bush league stuff like he did with Hue.

17 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

What are the chances it’s Baker vs Kyler MNF week-1?  

I'd say low. I think the NFL wants GB-CHI Thursday night and, after the OBJ trade, maybe Patriots-Browns on Sunday night. 

As for my opinion on the MVP, I doubt it'll be Baker. He's got a good chance, but I don't think he'll win it next year. 

9 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Baker is the true best young qb and the gold standard for qbs under 26. What he did in Cleveland and wasnt dependant on a scheme and personnel is a true testament to how great he is. He will be the best qb in the NFL in 3 years. He needs to clean up some of the immaturity. Keep the competitive edge. But lose the bush league stuff like he did with Hue.

I’d argue he did what he did because of his personality.

Hue wasn’t well like and the fan base loved Baker shoving it in Hue’s face after the years of Hue’s BS and throwing people under the bus. His personality is what galvanized the team. This was Baker’s payback for Hue’s stunts on Hard Knocks imo.

Many of us have long hated how soft our team was, I know @MSURacerDT55 and I have mentioned it many times.  For years the Ravens and, in particular the Steelers, would physically kick our arse with late hits and penalties and dudes just took it.  No fight, no spirit, no backbone, no pride.

This franchise needed a guy like Baker who isn’t afraid to throw the first punch (obviously not literally) or afraid of ruffling feathers.

He’s not Brady or Manning personality wise and likely never will be, but that’s a large part of what makes him successful.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Hue wasn’t well like and the fan base loved Baker shoving it in Hue’s face after the years of Hue’s BS and throwing people under the bus. His personality is what galvanized the team. This was Baker’s payback for Hue’s stunts on Hard Knocks imo.

Many of us have long hated how soft our team was, I know @MSURacerDT55 and I have mentioned it many times.  For years the Ravens and, in particular the Steelers, would physically kick our arse with late hits and penalties and dudes just took it.  No fight, no spirit, no backbone, no pride.

This franchise needed a guy like Baker who isn’t afraid to throw the first punch (obviously not literally) or afraid of ruffling feathers.

He’s not Brady or Manning personality wise and likely never will be, but that’s a large part of what makes him successful.

2019 Theme:

Browns = Hammer

Vs.

NFL = Nail

Time to go to work....

19 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think Baker was genuinely upset with Hue running straight the the Bengals. Hue was free to go where he wanted and maybe Baker feels differently after he has been in the league awhile and understands the business side more but I think that was his #1 issue with Hue on the opposing sideline. Hue wasn't a traitor because he was fired by the Browns but I think Mayfield saw a traitor when he saw Hue coaching the Bengals. If it was any other player I probably wouldn't believe what they said at face value but I think Baker just lays it out there. Right or wrong. This case he was wrong, in a sense anyway, but who cares everyone else already hated Hue for other reasons so have at it Bake. We enjoyed it.

45 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

I dididn't know Pat Mahomes was a day over 26 Yrs old !

Archived