Baker Mayfield

rocky_rams

1 hour ago, Bearerofnews said:

Baker is the true best young qb and the gold standard for qbs under 26. What he did in Cleveland and wasnt dependant on a scheme and personnel is a true testament to how great he is. He will be the best qb in the NFL in 3 years. He needs to clean up some of the immaturity. Keep the competitive edge. But lose the bush league stuff like he did with Hue.

Lololololol 

2 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Baker is the true best young qb and the gold standard for qbs under 26. What he did in Cleveland and wasnt dependant on a scheme and personnel is a true testament to how great he is. He will be the best qb in the NFL in 3 years. He needs to clean up some of the immaturity. Keep the competitive edge. But lose the bush league stuff like he did with Hue.

tenor.gif?itemid=12665139

12 hours ago, candyman93 said:

We’ve talked about that in our forum. I’d be shocked if it didn’t happen week 1, provided Kyler goes #1.

I really hope they don't put the cardinals on MNF week one, unless its the second game. That would be dumb to do with CLE being in the mid-west. 

1 minute ago, N4L said:

I really hope they don't put the cardinals on MNF week one, unless its the second game. That would be dumb to do with CLE being in the mid-west. 

Yeah. That’s th other thing we talked about. It’d be the 2nd game probably at 10.

Just now, candyman93 said:

Yeah. That’s th other thing we talked about. It’d be the 2nd game probably at 10.

yeah, I have a hard time seeing them put anyone but a westcoast team in that timeslot. Wouldn't be fair to all the 8 year old browns fans that are the future of the fanbase who would have to be in bed before the game actually started. 

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

yeah, I have a hard time seeing them put anyone but a westcoast team in that timeslot. Wouldn't be fair to all the 8 year old browns fans that are the future of the fanbase who would have to be in bed before the game actually started. 

8 year olds?!?! That ish isn’t fair to me dammit.

Im too old for that nonsense on a weeknight.

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

tenor.gif?itemid=12665139

Ill take baker all day. Put Mahomes in the turmoil that was Cleveland last year, on a team that won 1 game in 2 years, with swinging doors for coaches during his rookie year, minus the level of talent Mahomes had around him. Sorry, Mahomes looks to be the real deal. But his situation was infinitely more favorable. 

9 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Ill take baker all day. Put Mahomes in the turmoil that was Cleveland last year, on a team that won 1 game in 2 years, with swinging doors for coaches during his rookie year, minus the level of talent Mahomes had around him. Sorry, Mahomes looks to be the real deal. But his situation was infinitely more favorable. 

You would take baker over mahomes because you are a massive homer chargers fan

Mahomes made too many off script plays this year to claim he is a 'system qb' like you insinuate. He made too many clutch 4th down conversions etc to say he isn't a baller

Baker is undoubtedly the ****ing man as well, so I don't fault anyone for personal preference at this point, but lets call a spade a spade, you prefer baker simply because you have an axe to grind with KC

25 minutes ago, N4L said:

You would take baker over mahomes because you are a massive homer chargers fan

Mahomes made too many off script plays this year to claim he is a 'system qb' like you insinuate. He made too many clutch 4th down conversions etc to say he isn't a baller

Baker is undoubtedly the ****ing man as well, so I don't fault anyone for personal preference at this point, but lets call a spade a spade, you prefer baker simply because you have an axe to grind with KC

Why would being a Chargers fan effect my decision on individual players. Id take Kelce over any TE not named Kittle. Id take Chris Jones over most DLINEMEN. 

Based off his play, id take Mahomes over most young qbs. But to act like his off script improv plays were even 10% of his production is silly. The brunt of his production came off wide open schemed concepts. With tons of presnap movement and intermediate route designs that got guys wide open. No one can ignore that. KC's offensive scheme and design looked different than everyone. There might of been light versions of KCs offense like Rams and Bears, in terms of concept. 

So yes, i maybe unlike others knock Mahomes alot for that. I watched every KC game. Mahomes missed way too many easy wide open throws when in the pocket. I'm sure he will improve on that in year 2. 

Plus he took over for a team that won back to back division titles with multiple probowlers on the offense. 

Baker did it in very unfavorable circumstances. Baker is built different... in fairness, Mahomes seems to be built different also. But due to situational parameters i favor Baker.

Archived