Jump to content
Big Snack

Steelers agree to 2 year deal with Moncrief

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Moncrief is one of the most physically talented WR's to never break out. He pretty much sucks. I don't think Pittsburgh needed another WR though. I thought James Washington was a great pick for them.

I disagree that he pretty much sucks you've got to keep in mind that the quarterbacks that he's actually played with. Andrew Luck has never been consistently healthy and when you take out Andrew Luck who is the best quarterback he has played with all of the other quarterbacks that he has played with absolutely suck. Even in a season where Donte Moncrief was not even that healthy just a couple Seasons back he was able to get seven touchdowns. Last year the Jaguars offense was a complete and utter train wreck. I'm not saying this guy is going to be the next Julio Jones I'm just saying he can definitely be productive within our offense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, wwhickok said:

He has been a fairly productive receiver on a consistent basis despite injuries in the past.

In what league?  Pretty sure he's been a big disappointment most if not all of his career.  In fact didn't the Colts let him go for just that reason? If Luck can't get production out of you...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bomont said:

In what league?  Pretty sure he's been a big disappointment most if not all of his career.  In fact didn't the Colts let him go for just that reason? If Luck can't get production out of you...

2015 and 2016 were his biggest #s for TDs.

Youre also not accounting for how often Luck was injured.

He has an up and down career. He had nearly 700 yards but only 3 TDs on one of the leagues worst offenses last year. 2017 was however probably his worst year overall. 

I never claimed he was one of the most productive. I simply said he has been consistently productive and really, he has been. He has been a role player and his talents, imo, will fit in well in Pittsburgh.

If you are someone who thinks this signing was to replace AB that makes you a fool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bomont said:

 If Luck can't get production out of you...

Maybe a better, actual HOF-Bound QB can?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

2015 and 2016 were his biggest #s for TDs.

Youre also not accounting for how often Luck was injured.

He has an up and down career. He had nearly 700 yards but only 3 TDs on one of the leagues worst offenses last year. 2017 was however probably his worst year overall. 

I never claimed he was one of the most productive. I simply said he has been consistently productive and really, he has been. He has been a role player and his talents, imo, will fit in well in Pittsburgh.

If you are someone who thinks this signing was to replace AB that makes you a fool.

No, really, he hasn't been consistently productive, but fair points about other factors accounting for some of it. Really I'm going by what I saw (admit not much) and what I've read or heard. How much of his lack of consistency was due to bad QBing vs his fault I can't say for sure.

But if you somehow derived that I was implying this signing was to replace AB that makes you a fool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Maybe a better, actual HOF-Bound QB can?

You think this version of Ben is better than Luck?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, seriously27 said:

You think this version of Ben is better than Luck?

Not what I meant but I see how you got that out of what I said. I'm going to respond to you and the other poster in the same comment. If you look at his stats the yardage really isn't necessarily high-end production but the touchdowns are there with reasonable expectation for a guy that wasn't necessarily the number one wide receiver and keep in mind first least part of that wasn't even a number 2 receiver. Obviously I can't say for sure either but I would venture to say that quarterback consistency played a big part I wouldn't say that it's all of it though. Where I think that Donte Moncrief is going to be productive in our offense is because I think he's a really good fit for our style of offense and will be put in position to succeed. And by the way no I was not insinuating that you were saying he was to replace Antonio Brown I was using the word you very generalized

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Not what I meant but I see how you got that out of what I said. I'm going to respond to you and the other poster in the same comment. If you look at his stats the yardage really isn't necessarily high-end production but the touchdowns are there with reasonable expectation for a guy that wasn't necessarily the number one wide receiver and keep in mind first least part of that wasn't even a number 2 receiver. Obviously I can't say for sure either but I would venture to say that quarterback consistency played a big part I wouldn't say that it's all of it though. Where I think that Donte Moncrief is going to be productive in our offense is because I think he's a really good fit for our style of offense and will be put in position to succeed. And by the way no I was not insinuating that you were saying he was to replace Antonio Brown I was using the word you very generalized

Gotcha. This take makes more sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, seriously27 said:

Gotcha. This take makes more sense. 

Yeah when i said better hall of fame bound, i mainly meant from a health standpoint though Ben has had his own issues, but also a 'total offense' standpoint. Andrew Luck is plenty good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As us Jags fans knew him, 

 

"Mr Reliable"

 

Congrats Steelers, you have thoroughly replaced AB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

As us Jags fans knew him, 

 

"Mr Reliable"

 

Congrats Steelers, you have thoroughly replaced AB.

Lol i can appreciate the sarcasm. Replacing AB isnt why Moncrief was signed. He actually replaces Justin Hunter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moncrief was signed to be the 3rd or 4th WR, depending how James Washington develops.  He MAY be forced into the WR2 role if worse comes to worse, but as stated, he was signed to be more of a replacement for Hunter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jaguarfan said:

As us Jags fans knew him, 

 

"Mr Reliable"

 

Congrats Steelers, you have thoroughly replaced AB.

Would be nice if Moncrief fits into the offense.  I don't think anyone can replace AB. I think we're hoping for more of a supplement and someone who can take some attention for JuJu to make plays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×