Steelers agree to 2 year deal with Moncrief

Big Snack

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Moncrief was signed to be the 3rd or 4th WR, depending how James Washington develops.  He MAY be forced into the WR2 role if worse comes to worse, but as stated, he was signed to be more of a replacement for Hunter.

What did washington show as a rookie? I didn't watch enough of PIT.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

What did washington show as a rookie? I didn't watch enough of PIT.

Nothing to be excited about....maybe the ability to get open deep.    

Still, too early to say.

5 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Nothing to be excited about....maybe the ability to get open deep.    

Still, too early to say.

Yeah, he was pretty bad. He sort of picked it up by the end of the year, but nothing to get too excited about. I do think he'll develop into a nice WR, though. I'd still like to add Butler from Iowa St. That dude is freakish.

Back to the Moncrief topic, all he really has to do this year is run straight down the field, real fast, and catch it sometimes. That's pretty much all we need. Someone to blow the top off a defense and allow JuJu to get open underneath. 

6 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Yeah, he was pretty bad. He sort of picked it up by the end of the year, but nothing to get too excited about. I do think he'll develop into a nice WR, though. I'd still like to add Butler from Iowa St. That dude is freakish.

Back to the Moncrief topic, all he really has to do this year is run straight down the field, real fast, and catch it sometimes. That's pretty much all we need. Someone to blow the top off a defense and allow JuJu to get open underneath. 

You're in luck! He will definitely "sometimes" catch it. 

Archived