2019 RDT

DreamKid

I don't agree with that one. He runs himself out of the play, and luckily the runningback commits to pushing him further away while the center is completely oblivious about whats going on without any reason, while the guard never picks up Judon - even a little shove there will/could bring Judon out of balance and we gave Mahomes a lot of free time to throw.

This is more an example of bad olineplay rather than scheme/execution. 

1 hour ago, Danand said:

I don't agree with that one. He runs himself out of the play, and luckily the runningback commits to pushing him further away while the center is completely oblivious about whats going on without any reason, while the guard never picks up Judon - even a little shove there will/could bring Judon out of balance and we gave Mahomes a lot of free time to throw.

This is more an example of bad olineplay rather than scheme/execution. 

Disagree. It’s tendencies. Overload the left side so you know Mahomes is going to float right to his desired spot. CJ Mosley doesn’t run himself out of the play, he’s not fast enough to blitz the gap and get Mahomes himself without that RB getting there as Mahomes floats further away from the pocket.

Thus Mosley engages the OG for two reasons; confuse him into thinking he’s protecting Mahomes as well as to prevent him from attacking Judon on the stunt. The OG is seeing too many moving parts all at once. What’s more Mosley’s goal was simply to block the OG for a define amount of time and then engage the RB to open up the free rusher, Judon. That OG doesn’t engage a better block on Judon because of Mosleys timing on his release.

With two faster players, the same play design could be run while getting to Mahomes faster. Though the time Mahomes has to throw doesn’t matter as much with that much pressure as our secondary is good enough to force him away from his primary and potentially secondary reads as well as with that amount of pressure, it’s only natural for most QBs to speed up their internal clock and rush the quick pass or run.

Mahomes started doing more damage once he started moving around and could then get to his 3rd/4th reads or back to his 1st/2nd reads after they had time to shed their coverage. He produced on “broken” plays. But on plays where he stayed in the pocket, we did as good a job as any in dictating where he would throw the ball from and thus which reads we wanted him to target.

Edited by diamondbull424

5 hours ago, Danand said:

We can agree that Mosley is a decoy there, but the rest is still bad pickups on what is happening by the offensive line.

Forcing bad play out of offensive lineman/protection is one of the main goals when scheming pressure. And even if Judon doesn't get home, Tavon was also coming in hot and would've ended the play himself. Wink took away all of his options and got a body on him in about 3 seconds. Which isn't easy to do against Reid and Mahomes.

On 8/31/2019 at 6:25 PM, DreamKid said:

Going against the now Tunsil less Dolphins OL, and then the Cards' trash heap back to back. Is going to make our front look like early All Pros.

Not only Tunsil, but their most accomplished  WR in Stills as well. 

Ravens are now TD favorites on the road (one of the bigger week 1 favorites). Feeling good that I got in at -4.5. 

Using them and KC for a survivor pool I’m in as well (I never try and get cute week 1 in those) 

Edited by sp6488

14 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Out of Peanut, Judon, & Pierce, who do you see us re-signing? I think Peanut is the only one that makes it back (unless we can move BWill)

Peanut seems like a transcending talent. Pierce is the next obvious choice who could get a big contract and then we let Brandon Williams finish his contract here and we let him move on.

Judon had a great great game against the Dolphins, and while he might be able to improve on his previous seasons, it seems like he i is very open about getting a top contract, and I doubt we value him that high.

If Dolphins keep tanking, they are an obvious spot for him as they will have a significant amount of cap room.