2019 RDT

DreamKid

1 hour ago, Danand said:

Also, I still wants us to resign Chris Moore sooner rather than later. We get a do it all player most likely cheap due to him never really breaking out at WR.

I resign Snead over Moore. Unless you mean to resign them both? But we need that quicker than fast, tough over the middle, Julian Edelman type that can make clutch receptions. I feel like some of Moore’s value is replaced with a guy like Justice Hill. Provides returning ability, can be deployed as a “4th WR”, and can run end arounds. Only he has legit backup RB value as well.

Edited by diamondbull424

2 hours ago, M.10.E said:

Out of Peanut, Judon, & Pierce, who do you see us re-signing? I think Peanut is the only one that makes it back (unless we can move BWill)

1 hour ago, Danand said:

Peanut seems like a transcending talent. Pierce is the next obvious choice who could get a big contract and then we let Brandon Williams finish his contract here and we let him move on.

Judon had a great great game against the Dolphins, and while he might be able to improve on his previous seasons, it seems like he i is very open about getting a top contract, and I doubt we value him that high.

If Dolphins keep tanking, they are an obvious spot for him as they will have a significant amount of cap room.

Completely agree with this here. Peanut is insane. He went from that annoying scrub that got pushed around, to a breakout player last year, to a total stud and our next great Ravens ILB. We need to resign him at all costs. He’s just too fast, explosive, and instinctive not to be. He looks like a prime Navarro Bowman and we need to get this done before he continues to dominate and drive up his price after a Pro Bowl/All Pro season.

Michael Pierce, it’ll depend on what he wants. He’s a force but who is better between Williams and Pierce is kind of like the Kenny Young vs Chris Board debate. You watch them and Young/Pierce are more splashy, Williams/Board just seem to make few mistakes and lead to everyone else making plays. 

Williams still has two more years left on his deal after this year and it wouldn’t make sense to cut him. Williams also seems to bring more leadership qualities to the table. So I say we leave Pierce to sign elsewhere and use that 3rd round comp pick elsewhere along the team. With Daylon Mack in tow and our ability to find dominant run stuffers, I see no reason we don’t just find a cheap fill in, we’ve done it before.

That said, if Pierce signs below his market value or signs for a shorter, more incentivized deal (that comes off the books before Jackson would need an extension), then I’d be down. But I don’t see why he would do that when some team will pay him to be their run stuffing anchor.

15 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I resign Snead over Moore. Unless you mean to resign them both? But we need that quicker than fast, tough over the middle, Julian Edelman type that can make clutch receptions. I feel like some of Moore’s value is replaced with a guy like Justice Hill. Provides returning ability, can be deployed as a “4th WR”, and can run end arounds. Only he has legit backup RB value as well.

I think both could/should be resigned. I like Hill, but I see Chris Moore constantly on almost every special teams snap. Whether he is the 4th og 6th receiver doesn't matter much to me as it is his return and ST ability that provides the most value in games. 

With Judon, we’ve seen this movie before. He’s not an elite pass rusher. He dominated against a terrible Dolphins OL, but unless he’s stepped up his game, I let him walk unless he takes a hometown discount.

I say we fix the pass rush by adding another mid round veteran pass rusher to the mix and then draft a pass rusher high in the 2020 draft.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, diamondbull424 said:

With Judon, we’ve seen this movie before. He’s not an elite pass rusher. He dominated against a terrible Dolphins OL, but unless he’s stepped up his game, I let him walk unless he takes a hometown discount.

I say we fix the pass rush by adding another mid round veteran pass rusher to the mix and then draft a pass rusher high in the 2020 draft.

Judon can still prove us wrong, but this is how I feel like it as well. His sack numbers was inflated last year in a single game. The question is how much an allround good outside linebacker like Judon is worth? Because it can't be as much as the outside linebackers at the top of the league who generate double digit sack numbers by winning their one on one matchups.

3 minutes ago, Danand said:

Judon can still prove us wrong, but this is how I feel like it as well. His sack numbers was inflated last year in a single game. The question is how much an allround good outside linebacker like Judon is worth? Because it can't be as much as the outside linebackers at the top of the league who generate double digit sack numbers by winning their one on one matchups.

Judon will get a premium price because he's a Baltimore Ravens pass rusher. They all do. Doesn't matter if he's actually good or not. I agree with @diamondbull424 that we let him walk if he wants the big pay day, take the 3rd round comp pick and draft pass rusher early in the draft and supplement our other needs with a veteran pass rusher.

2 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I think Judon May be the most likely franchise target on the team at the moment. 

8 hours ago, DreamKid said:

FWIW, PFF's EDGE grading after Week 1-

1. Pernell McPhee 85.9 Great

2. Tyus Bowser 77.2 Good

3. Tim Williams 70.2 Above Average

4. Matt Judon 63.0 Average

To be honest, I feel like this was the only part of this performance that made me a bit uneasy. The Dolphins traded away their starting LT and were without another starter that’s suspended and our pass rush, while good... didn’t necessarily have a “field day”. Fitzpatrick did a good job to get the ball out and evade pressure, but he’s not the only QB around that can do that.

14 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

To be honest, I feel like this was the only part of this performance that made me a bit uneasy. The Dolphins traded away their starting LT and were without another starter that’s suspended and our pass rush, while good... didn’t necessarily have a “field day”. Fitzpatrick did a good job to get the ball out and evade pressure, but he’s not the only QB around that can do that.

We had the most QB hits in week 1 though, and we blitzed like crazy and that's because our pass rushers are not very good on their own. I'm not worried about our individual grades for the EDGE guys as long as Wink is able to generate pressure with blitzing. We have (or had...?) the secondary to support being a blitz-heavy team, so there's no reason to not blitz and force QB's to make throws into Humphrey and Earl Thomas territory.

• Like 1