2019 RDT

DreamKid

• 2 weeks later...

This is essentially Patrick and Kenny at their worst. Yet you can still see how valuable they're going to be for us. Simply put, they can make plays Mosley couldn't. Short week Thursday night game. Kenny's 2nd ever game as a pro. Peanut before the light really came on for him late in the season. Very encouraging. Great series by @Edgar.

4 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Bowser doing Bowser things. Hopefully Wink gets really creative with him this year. Tyus is a rare weapon. 

I hope Wink is watching film of that 06 defense because Tyus Bowser has all the versatility and athleticism that we haven’t had in a LBer since Adalius Thomas dominated in those seasons. If Bowser can unleash his potential and our interior defense can collapse the pocket... there is no stopping this defense this year.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I hope Wink is watching film of that 06 defense because Tyus Bowser has all the versatility and athleticism that we haven’t had in a LBer since Adalius Thomas dominated in those seasons. If Bowser can unleash his potential and our interior defense can collapse the pocket... there is no stopping this defense this year.

I don't think it's a coincidence that so many of our defenders had a breakout/career year in Wink's first season as DC. He loves his players and knows how to utilize them. I expect him to go into the offseason lab and turn Bowser into his personal Frankenstein. I can't wait.

Tyus now has 2 years under his belt. He'll be Bigger, Stronger, Faster(still just 23 yo). He has a clear lane to massive amounts of playing time, which will bring more practice reps and more focused development/utilization. His skill set is directly in line with the modern game. And he has a great motor. Huge leap candidate that should be in direct competition with Timmy for "Ravens' Breakout Defender of the Year".

During the Panther game last year, when C-Mac was gashing us, at one point Wink had Bowser line up directly across from him split out. I wonder if we'll see more of that? 

• 2 weeks later...

Some Sacks from players that will take on bigger roles this year, and from those newly added to the team as well-

Tyus Bowser

BitesizedSparklingAfricanmolesnake_size_

Tim Williams

giphy.gif

Chris Wormley

Ravens_sack__1__end_zone_angle_.jpg

Zach Sieler

play38.gif

Kenny Young

Ravens_sack__8__end_zone_.jpg

Jaylon Ferguson

giphy.gif

Daylon Mack

Gerald Willis

If Willie Henry can´t perform this year, I truly believe Willis will take his spot. What Willis does could also be used in the Z. Smith role from last year.

Zach  Sieler though is the guy I anticipate would take the biggest leap and be a contender for the spot Urban left. Although I think that spot is Wormleys to lose.

• Like 1