The Post FA|Pre Draft Season Prediction Thread

BayRaider

The NFC is soooo unpredictable to me. The divisions and wildcards are all a toss up. 

AFC though... I could REALLY see it going like this 100%

1) New England Patriots

2) Los Angeles Chargers

3) Indianapolis Colts

4) Cleveland Browns

WC1) Kansas City Chiefs

WC2) Tennessee Titans

The Steelers are the team I can’t put my finger on. I think losing AB and Bell is over blown but to what degree? Maybe 8-9 wins no playoffs. We’ll see. 

6 hours ago, pigsooie5 said:

NFC North is certainly the Bears to lose at this point. They are by far the most talented team in that division and are bringing back 21 of 22 starters.

Bears defense is about to regress. Their offense needs to improve.

Our coaching is light years ahead of anything we've had in a long time. But we're largely returning the same team. 

We're gonna find out pretty quickly how much of our mediocrity has been players and how much has been coaching.

I have no idea what to expect.

We're not gonna run soft quarters coverage all the time anymore, so you'd think our defense has to improve from almost worst of all time bad. So at least there's that.

20 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Hmm who is catching the football? I think you guys should trade down and get a 2nd. You can still get a EDGE like Montez Sweat who imo will be just as good as Allen if not better plus you can get a WR in the 2nd. Tons of good WRs in the 2nd Round this year. 

We don't have any standouts but we have a lot more options than we have in the past - Robby, Quincy, Crowder, Herndon, and Bell will dominate the snaps. Compared to Robby, Kearse, Andre Roberts, Jordan Leggett, and Eli McGuire which is what we had most of last year. 

On 3/14/2019 at 4:39 AM, BayRaider said:

AFC North:

Cleveland Browns 11-5

Pittsburgh Steelers 8-8

Baltimore Ravens 7-9

Cincinnati Bengals 5-11

Well... the Browns are stacked. Great offense, Myles Garrett and Denzel Ward on Defense, looking very solid. Coaching is a question mark though and the Browns having a 12-15 win season may be a stretch although entirely possible. 

Ravens lost three starters on defense, I don’t think they have a second round pick either. They did add Earl Thomas though. I see them regressing but being competitive. 

Steelers regress to a .500 football team without AB and Bell. But honestly they are a bit of a mystery to me. If they add a couple defensive pieces they could be surprising competitive.

While I dont completely disagree with anything you said,  nor do I believe any of your predictions are illogical, I'll say this...

The Browns are being overrated right now.   The talent is obviously there, but people should really wait to see how the coaching can bring the talent they have together.   We have seen many, many many hugely talented teams disappoint due to coaching or simply talent not meshing together the way people thought they would.      

The Ravens and Steelers have alot of questions, and I think those standings are possible, but they know what it takes to win the division and how to play within it.     

As far as the comment about Brown and Bell....we didnt have Bell last year.   Losing him didnt hurt us at all really.....well, it hurt us AFTER Conner got hurt....no different from how it hurt us when Bell himself would get hurt.

Losing Brown obviously hurts, but we still have talent on offense, and Ben has experience with losing good WRs and moving on.        

The Browns have the highest POTENTIAL within the division BY FAR, but potential needs to be proven and fulfilled...not assumed.

Steelers and Ravens still have talent and experience to win the division.     Both could fluctuate between 7 and 11 wins.

Bengals....I really have no idea how they will pan out.    Watch them win the division...   xDxDxD

NFC South:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 10-6

NFC West:

San Francisco 49ers 11-5

Los Angeles Rams 10-6

Would like to hear the logic behind these.  

17 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

While I dont completely disagree with anything you said,  nor do I believe any of your predictions are illogical, I'll say this...

The Browns are being overrated right now.   The talent is obviously there, but people should really wait to see how the coaching can bring the talent they have together.   We have seen many, many many hugely talented teams disappoint due to coaching or simply talent not meshing together the way people thought they would.      

The Ravens and Steelers have alot of questions, and I think those standings are possible, but they know what it takes to win the division and how to play within it.     

As far as the comment about Brown and Bell....we didnt have Bell last year.   Losing him didnt hurt us at all really.....well, it hurt us AFTER Conner got hurt....no different from how it hurt us when Bell himself would get hurt.

Losing Brown obviously hurts, but we still have talent on offense, and Ben has experience with losing good WRs and moving on.        

The Browns have the highest POTENTIAL within the division BY FAR, but potential needs to be proven and fulfilled...not assumed.

Steelers and Ravens still have talent and experience to win the division.     Both could fluctuate between 7 and 11 wins.

Bengals....I really have no idea how they will pan out.    Watch them win the division...   xDxDxD

Would like to hear the logic behind these.  

Bucs not confident in at all, easily could be 6-10 but in Arians I trust, and they may get a defensive stud at pick number 5. We are either gonna see the best Jameis Winston ever or the last year of his career as anything more than a journeyman. Winston has all the talent in the world, can Arians put it together?

Shanahan is more of an offensive genius than McVay, just hasn’t has had the talent. If he gets JG healthy, Nick Bosa, and a fringe #1 WR at pick 36, they could be a really good football team. 

Rams have had two amazing years in a row. Very hard to sustain three years especially in the NFC. I think they will take a one year regression and come back strong in 2020. And the Pats basically showed the blue print to completey shut them down. Although easier said than done. 

1. New England (13-3)

2. Cleveland (12-4)

3. LA Chargers (11-5)

4. Tennessee (10-6)

5. NY Jets (10-6)

6. Kansas City (9-7)

1. LA Rams (13-3)

2. Chicago (12-4)

3. Dallas (11-5)

4. Carolina (10-6) 

5. Green Bay (11-5)

6. Philadelphia (10-6)

Also complies with the 5 new teams rule (Browns, Titans, Jets, Panthers, Packers)

8 hours ago, candyman93 said:

@FourThreeMafia I will crap myself if the bengals win the division.

It’s not out of the question if they can solidify the offensive line and add some linebackers. I mean they did start off 4-1 last year. Injuries and a poor defensive scheme doomed us. Once Marvin fires Austin the defense got better.  But I don’t expect to have a winning year 

I'll just do division winners and wild cards:

AFC East: New England Patriots (12-4-0)

AFC North: Pittsburgh Steelers (10-6-0)

AFC South: Indianapolis Colts (11-5-0)

AFC West: LA Chargers (11-5-0)

Wild Card 1: Kansas City Chiefs (10-6-0) [This is hard to predict, could be better or worse than this depending on what happens with Tyreek)

Wild Card 2: Cleveland Browns (9-7-0)

NFC East: Philadelphia Eagles (11-5-0)

NFC North: Chicago Bears (11-5-0)

NFC South: New Orleans Saints (13-3-0)

NFC West: LA Rams (11-5-0)

Wild Card 1: Atlanta Falcons (10-6-0)

Wild Card 2: Green Bay Packers (10-6-0)

21 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Steelers and Ravens still have talent and experience to win the division

If the Browns improve on their record within the division from last year (3-2-1) I definitely think they will be a playoff team. Like most divisions though even the best team can struggle with teams that know the most about them and I expect those games to be tough to win. The Browns will probably be favored to win 7 of the 10 games outside of the division, not that it means anything, but as far as predicting by the lines the Browns would probably be favored in 11 games or more prior to the season. That counts for 0 actual wins but I think it validates the predictions for the Browns in this thread that just don't sit right since it doesn't seem real that they could be a favorite because of, well, the Browns.

Archived