The Post FA|Pre Draft Season Prediction Thread

BayRaider

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

If the Browns improve on their record within the division from last year (3-2-1) I definitely think they will be a playoff team. Like most divisions though even the best team can struggle with teams that know the most about them and I expect those games to be tough to win. The Browns will probably be favored to win 7 of the 10 games outside of the division, not that it means anything, but as far as predicting by the lines the Browns would probably be favored in 11 games or more prior to the season. That counts for 0 actual wins but I think it validates the predictions for the Browns in this thread that just don't sit right since it doesn't seem real that they could be a favorite because of, well, the Browns.

I dont really disagree with any of that, but Im still going to wait to see how Kitchen's brings all this talent together.   Browns fans have plenty of legit reason to be excited, but as Ive said, we have seen coaches with alot of talent hold their teams back.   Not saying that will happen to the Browns....just that I dont know enough about Kitchens to say anything one way or the other.....no one really does.     He did a nice job as OC of the Browns last year, but HC is a different animal, and prior to last year, he was never anything other than a positional coach.

Browns are a huge "time will tell", but the future obviously looks very bright.   Despite all the crap talking done on here between fans of division rivals, Im actually hoping he pans out and the Browns become competitive again.    No fans deserve to suffer like Browns fans have.   I cant even imagine....well, Im a Pirates fan in baseball, so I kinda can... :|

The bookies prediction for the NFL season: 

AFC East:
Patriots - 11/2
Jets - 66/1
Bills - 80/1
Dolphins - 125/1

AFC North:
Browns - 12/1
Steelers - 25/1
Ravens - 33/1
Bengals - 80/1

AFC South:
Colts - 16/1
Texans - 25/1
Jaguars - 40/1
Titans - 50/1

AFC West:
Chiefs - 7/1
Chargers - 16/1
Broncos - 66/1
Raiders - 80/1

NFC East:
Eagles - 16/1
Cowboys - 20/1
Giants - 66/1
Redskins - 100/1

NFC North:
Bears - 14/1
Vikings - 18/1
Packers - 18/1
Lions - 66/1

NFC South:
Saints - 9/1
Falcons - 33/1
Panthers - 40/1
Buccaneers - 80/1

NFC West:
Rams - 8/1
49ers - 25/1 
Seahawks - 28/1
Cardinals - 80/1

It's not massively surprising at this stage, although I'm confused to how the 49ers are seen at shorter odds than the Seahawks. Plenty of time for it to change. 

6 minutes ago, DerbyRam said:

The bookies prediction for the NFL season: 

AFC East:
Patriots - 11/2
Jets - 66/1
Bills - 80/1
Dolphins - 125/1

AFC North:
Browns - 12/1
Steelers - 25/1
Ravens - 33/1
Bengals - 80/1

AFC South:
Colts - 16/1
Texans - 25/1
Jaguars - 40/1
Titans - 50/1

AFC West:
Chiefs - 7/1
Chargers - 16/1
Broncos - 66/1
Raiders - 80/1

NFC East:
Eagles - 16/1
Cowboys - 20/1
Giants - 66/1
Redskins - 100/1

NFC North:
Bears - 14/1
Vikings - 18/1
Packers - 18/1
Lions - 66/1

NFC South:
Saints - 9/1
Falcons - 33/1
Panthers - 40/1
Buccaneers - 80/1

NFC West:
Rams - 8/1
49ers - 25/1 
Seahawks - 28/1
Cardinals - 80/1

It's not massively surprising at this stage, although I'm confused to how the 49ers are seen at shorter odds than the Seahawks. Plenty of time for it to change. 

Steelers at 25/1 should be a popular bet. Cowboys at 20/1 ain't bad either with what could be a top 3-5 defense and a great running game.

As far as the AFCN, the worst team in that division is probably Baltimore. They lack an actual QB.

Bengals arent much better though.

Cleveland has the makings to make a serious run for the division, however i still think Pittsburgh sneaks out a division win.

Worst case scenario i think 2 teams come out of the AFCN, 10-6 and 11-5 one way or the other. (Cle/Pitt)

If Cleveland wins the division ill hate it, but good for them and their fans.

If we dont, well, Colbert has put us in this position but it wont be because of the lack of AB or Bell. Hell James Connor did just fine last year while Bell quit on the team. As did JuJu during the struggles of AB. AB is still the leagues best receiver, but we have a way of making things work on offense.

Cleveland has a lot of talent and as long as they get the right chemistry, for the first time in like 30 years theyre gonna make some real noise.

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

As far as the AFCN, the worst team in that division is probably Baltimore. They lack an actual QB.

Bengals arent much better though.

Cleveland has the makings to make a serious run for the division, however i still think Pittsburgh sneaks out a division win.

Worst case scenario i think 2 teams come out of the AFCN, 10-6 and 11-5 one way or the other. (Cle/Pitt)

If Cleveland wins the division ill hate it, but good for them and their fans.

If we dont, well, Colbert has put us in this position but it wont be because of the lack of AB or Bell. Hell James Connor did just fine last year while Bell quit on the team. As did JuJu during the struggles of AB. AB is still the leagues best receiver, but we have a way of making things work on offense.

Cleveland has a lot of talent and as long as they get the right chemistry, for the first time in like 30 years theyre gonna make some real noise.

Baltimore is a lot better than Cincy imo. I agree about it being a Steelers/Cleveland battle  but wouldn't surprised to see Baltimore with a winning record. Bengals are not better than 6 wins.

4 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Baltimore is a lot better than Cincy imo. I agree about it being a Steelers/Cleveland battle  but wouldn't surprised to see Baltimore with a winning record. Bengals are not better than 6 wins.

The difference to me is that Cincy at least has a QB capable of throwing consistently from the pocket  

46 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I dont really disagree with any of that, but Im still going to wait to see how Kitchen's brings all this talent together.   Browns fans have plenty of legit reason to be excited, but as Ive said, we have seen coaches with alot of talent hold their teams back.   Not saying that will happen to the Browns....just that I dont know enough about Kitchens to say anything one way or the other.....no one really does.     He did a nice job as OC of the Browns last year, but HC is a different animal, and prior to last year, he was never anything other than a positional coach.

Browns are a huge "time will tell", but the future obviously looks very bright.   Despite all the crap talking done on here between fans of division rivals, Im actually hoping he pans out and the Browns become competitive again.    No fans deserve to suffer like Browns fans have.   I cant even imagine....well, Im a Pirates fan in baseball, so I kinda can... :|

Yeah I don't know how Freddie will do but he ran plays designed by players on the offense last year and it seemed to give them some extra pride, or something, on that side of the ball and you saw a lot of effort from everyone. Now if he does that as a head coach and it fails he may take some lumps, he won't care unless they are wearing orange and brown but the media may have a field day.

Pirates haven't won in the playoffs for a long time but they were good just a few year ago. Had a really nice group of players and that gives a lot of hope. Didn't work out but there were some exciting times and revived the power of Zoltan.

Cleveland is the most talented team ON PAPER in the division. But we've gotta prove it. I have faith in Kitchens and our coaching staff, but they're obviously totally unproven except for Kitchens' play calling.

Pittsburgh could easily regress, but it's hard to totally doubt a team that has been consistently solid to good every year. Unless Tomlin just totally loses the locker room, I expect them to win at least 8 games, if not more.

Baltimore is hard to predict. They lost a few pieces on defense, but then added Earl Thomas. I actually think it was smart of them to not retain guys like Mosley, Smith, etc. as they're getting paid more than they're worth, IMO. But to start off losing them will likely hurt their defense a bit. Biggest question is: how does Lamar Jackson improve from year one to two? I don't have much faith that he'll ever be a consistently good QB, but we'll see. I could see anywhere from 7-10 wins for them.

It’s gonna be another fun season of total unpredictability. Can’t wait for the draft. I personally think there’s a ton of value in that Titans bet. Ryan Tannehil could end up straight better than Mariota and that Titan roster is pretty solid overall. It’ll be interesting to see if Tannehil gets a chance to play and if a change of sceneary helps him. When Tannehil was on the field last year he was pretty dang good. But if the Titans draft a Interior Linemen and WR their first two picks, Mariota might show improvement himself. 

12 hours ago, BayRaider said:

It’s gonna be another fun season of total unpredictability. Can’t wait for the draft. I personally think there’s a ton of value in that Titans bet. Ryan Tannehil could end up straight better than Mariota and that Titan roster is pretty solid overall. It’ll be interesting to see if Tannehil gets a chance to play and if a change of sceneary helps him. When Tannehil was on the field last year he was pretty dang good. But if the Titans draft a Interior Linemen and WR their first two picks, Mariota might show improvement himself. 

Tennessee is a really hard team to predict. They were straight up bipolar last season. They'd look really good vs. a talented team one week, and then crap the bed the next. They're a team that could easily win their division, but also a team that I wouldn't be shocked if they finished just below .500. Although I have liked the moves they've made this offseason. Lots of quiet but quality transactions.

41 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Tennessee is a really hard team to predict. They were straight up bipolar last season. They'd look really good vs. a talented team one week, and then crap the bed the next. They're a team that could easily win their division, but also a team that I wouldn't be shocked if they finished just below .500. Although I have liked the moves they've made this offseason. Lots of quiet but quality transactions.

Rookie head coach, QB got a nerve injury week 1, team's top receiver goes down for the season week 1.  Titans are a good team, but Vrabel needs to figure some stuff out for them to be consistently good.  Mindnumbingly dumb decisions lost the games against the Bills and Chargers in the last seconds, and the first game was flukey as hell since it was over seven hours long.

I think it's ridiculous that their odds are worse than the Jaguars, but unless Mariota miraculously stays healthy the full season, I'm not betting on them.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

lol

That's why they aren't the favorite. It's more of a longshot but if things click they can be an elite football team. Terrific defensive talent especially at linebacker, good offensive weapons in Zeke and Cooper. They are boom and bust but from deep playoff run to not make the playoffs anything is possible for them

Archived