The Post FA|Pre Draft Season Prediction Thread

BayRaider

20 hours ago, SBLIII said:

Steelers at 25/1 should be a popular bet. Cowboys at 20/1 ain't bad either with what could be a top 3-5 defense and a great running game.

Seahawks 28/1 is a steal as well IMO. Best QB in that division and arguably the best coach. 

On 3/18/2019 at 5:10 PM, game3525 said:

Seahawks 28/1 is a steal as well IMO. Best QB in that division and arguably the best coach. 

Was just coming here to say I have a strong gut feeling the Seahawks outperform peoples' expectations this season.

On 3/16/2019 at 8:58 AM, pigsooie5 said:

NFC North is certainly the Bears to lose at this point. They are by far the most talented team in that division and are bringing back 21 of 22 starters.

One winning season and all of a sudden they have "by far" the most talent in that division. Stop ... that's not even remotely true. The NFC North is a much bigger toss up then you're letting yourself believe it is. It truly is a 3 headed race in that Division it could be either Green Bay, Minnesota or Chicago taking that division. I'd be shocked if Detroit didn't finish last but those other 3 are 100% playoff / Super Bowl contenders and capable of handing the other team a L on Sunday.

On 3/16/2019 at 8:58 AM, pigsooie5 said:

NFC North is certainly the Bears to lose at this point. They are by far the most talented team in that division and are bringing back 21 of 22 starters.

Definitely disagree.  This division isn't going to be easy by any means.

8 hours ago, Danger said:

Was just coming here to say I have a strong gut feeling the Seahawks outperform peoples' expectations this season.

I really think they win the division. The Rams give me bad vibes at the moment. Maybe I am just overreacting to Goff's performance in the SB and Gurley's knee. 

I going to do one now post 2-3rd wave of FA, wins might not add up just a gut feeling about each team right now

AFC East

Patriots 13-3 

Jets 8-8

Bills 7-9

Dolphins 3-13

Analysis:

The Jets will be improved on both sides of the ball. The Dolphins will tank but still beat the Patriots, the Bills will be held back by the inaccuracy of Allen but still have improved success due to a very good defense. 

AFC North

Browns 10-6

Steelers 10-6

Ravens 8-8

Bengals 5-11

Analysis:

The Browns will start slow out of the gate with a Baker sophomore slump but come back roaring starting with KH coming back from suspension to win 6 of their last 8. The Steelers will be better than expected without distractions. 

AFC South

Indianapolis Colts 12-4

Tennessee Titans 9-7

Houston Texans 8-8

Jacksonville Jaguars 6-10

Analysis:

The Colts will improve on last season with an improved defense and still a top 5 OL. Luck will contend for MVP. The Titans are in the 8 or 9 win range as always and the Texans will take a step back because the OL woes will catch up to them.

AFC West

Chiefs 11-5

Chargers 10-6

Raiders 7-9

Broncos 5-11

Analysis:

I had the Chiefs at 13-14 wins but I really disliked the Ford and Houston departures. I just don't see how they can have an average defense with the personell they have right now. I think Flacco will be a giant flop in Denver and the Raiders improve significantly.

AFC Playoffs:

1 Patriots

2 Colts

3 Chiefs

4 Browns

5 Chargers

6 Steelers

NFC North

1 Packers 11-5

2 Bears 9-7

3 Vikings 8-8

4 Lions 5-11

Analysis:

The Packers should win the North win with defensive improvement imo. The Bears are poised to take a step back unless Trubisky improves significantly which I don't think they will. Their defense was historically great last year which won't be repeatable especially not with a new DC. The Vikings will be held back by the huge Cousins caphit and a bad OL.

NFC East

1 Eagles 11-5

2 Cowboys 9-7

3 Giants 4-12

4 Redskins 3-13

Analysis:

The Cowboys and Eagles will battle it out for the division with the Eagles taking it barely. Major reason why will be the DL as well as the Wentz returning to pre 2017 ACL form. The Cowboys are going to be held back by Garrett from 12 wins.

NFC South:

1 Falcons 12-4

2 Saints 10-6

3 Buccaneers 8-8

4 Panthers 5-11

Analysis:

The Falcons will be the surprise team of the 2019 season. Key defensive contributors are returning or retained (Jones, Jarrett etc.) and Koetter will prove to be an upgrade as OC. The Falcons will have a top 5 offense and a much improved defense. Watch out. The Saints will take a step back mainly because Brees will regress but they should still make the playoffs. The Panthers will be surprisingly bad due to Cam's health.

NFC West:

1 Seahawks 11-5

2 Rams 10-6

3 49ers 8-8

4 Cardinals 5-11

Analysis:

The Seahawks will win the division not because their are so awesome (they will surprise though and Wilson will contend for MVP) but because the Rams will be worse than expected. The Rams will barely make the playoffs. They could easily miss them based on handsight how SB losing teams do the following year but I think overall talent on the roster gets them in. The 49ers will be improved but Jimmy G needs time and their WRs are very underwhelming.

NFC Playoffs:

1 Falcons

2 Packers

3 Eagles

4 Seahawks

5 Saints

6 Rams

• 3 weeks later...

Archived