(Polls) How Would You Prioritize Addressing Our Roster Needs?

Mind Character

After Reviewing Our Roster, Prioritize Our Positions of Need  

39 members have voted

1. 1. 1.) What's the # 1 Position Group We Need to Address?

2. 2. 2.) What's the # 2 Position Group We Need to Address?

3. 3. 3.) What's the # 3 Position Group We Need to Address?

Kicker. I don't trust Joseph. Still hoping we can sign Gostkowski.

SS. I don't think Kindred is good enough to start. He's nothing more than a backup, IMO.

Another CB. Mitchell looked solid as a starter, but our CBs are gonna struggle if Ward goes down. I was very critical of TJ Carrie, but his play slightly improved late in the year. BBC may not be back, and Gaines is a walking injury. I expect we'll add at least one CB, if not more.

Those are only obvious needs. We could still use more depth along the DL, OL and I wouldn't mind adding another TE, but that'd be more of a luxury rather than addressing an actual need.

I don't think we need a starter at LB. We're set at MLB with Schobert. I like what I saw from Avery and think he can start. Kirksey's play has been meh in recent years but I think he's good enough to start this year. Maybe the scheme change will help him, but we'll see.

Whatever we do, we're in a position where we can pretty much just go BPA in the draft.

I would like to get a LB first.  i do not think that any of the starters are irreplaceable, including everyone's favorite....Joe Schobert.  Not sure if someone will be there in the 2nd that fits the bill.  i was all in for Devin White, but that doesn't seem likely now.  I would then go with SS and CB...and finally some OL depth.

If it were a prefect world Simmons would still be there and I would take him first in a heartbeat. 

I think CB is our biggest need (I don't see Carrie being on the team next year) and then Linebacker.

But honestly I draft the best player available in all rounds.  We need to start drafting replacements for positions going away to get less expensive like we did with Corbett.

A LB to replace Kirksey, a C to replace Tretter, a CB to replace Carrie, A safety to replace Randall? it sounds ridiculous but with big contracts coming up in Garrett and Baker and Ward (I know were thinking way down the road) but we need to start drafting for depth not for immediate need.

2 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I would like to get a LB first.  i do not think that any of the starters are irreplaceable, including everyone's favorite....Joe Schobert.  Not sure if someone will be there in the 2nd that fits the bill.  i was all in for Devin White, but that doesn't seem likely now.  I would then go with SS and CB...and finally some OL depth.

Of the 3 major positions of need SS, LB, and CB2 I think they are all about the same in that we need all 3 positions about the same imo. So they are kinda interchangeable. I really like Germain Pratt and I think he will be available with our 2nd round pick. 

We have the remaining free agent pool, draft, and roster cuts still ahead of us. If we can emerge from those with a starting SS and LB as well as a CB that contends for Mitchell's # 2 spot and a depth o-lineman to push Corbett of sub flexibly along the line (like Corbett's role last year) I'll be ecstatic.

7 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I hate how it’s a total crapshoot picking kickers out of college.

I think we need to get an established kicker and keep Joseph as well. We can't expect a young kicker to be good enough right away but in a few years of doing nothing but kicking a ball all day, every day he might get good enough.

53 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

I think we need to get an established kicker and keep Joseph as well. We can't expect a young kicker to be good enough right away but in a few years of doing nothing but kicking a ball all day, every day he might get good enough.

2 kickers on the roster? Not for me. I'd bet if joesph was on the street he wouldnt get picked up.

22 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

2 kickers on the roster? Not for me. I'd bet if joesph was on the street he wouldnt get picked up.

I think he would. He wasnt the greatest but he also wasnt the worst. If Zane can get picked up, so can Joseph

Robinson, Harrison, and Hubbard at OT seems more glaring than interior line to me.  Idk if you can say any one of those guys are anything more than average on their best days.

Our defense could be in bad shape once attrition starts affecting our defensive line though so I could see how that isn't a top 3 need.  I'd say CB, S, kicker.  We'll survive with our LB corp even if they aren't special, I still think that could be mitigated by more bodies on the defensive line too.

3 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Dorsey has mentioned how he's a fan of developing young Kickers.

Maybe that bodes well for Joseph?

He does have a big leg.

And now is paired with Dorsey, the kicker whisperer.

Archived