Steelers agree on two-year deal with WR Donte Moncrief

MDSteeler1971

13 minutes ago, mwalker said:

Yea, this was a thread I was going to post, but since it's being discussed here...

What does everyone believe our draft needs/order is now?

I think Hockenson and Fant are real possibilities now, in RD1.
Tricky part is neither will be around in round 2, and assuming
we don't have a shot at D.White, D.Bush is likely gone in 1 as well,
so I think it'd be hard to get both ILB and TE we want. A sleeper
at TE is K.Warring from San Diego State in mid rounds.

I also think if a top edge player falls (Burns?) we could go there. 
Safety is the wild card.

I think we move up for Fant.

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

So do I and thats one thing I wouldn't be happy with.

We need another weapon offensively, but to me the big tell was Colbert saying "Having 10 picks in this draft lets us do a lot" and Mayock saying "They wanted a specific pick".

I think Colbert did the work at the draft of who wants this guy, where is their pick, who's in front of them, what will it take to get their pick.

Didn’t really see anything at combine about them talking to TEs except for LSUs Moreau who is more of a blocker even tho he tested really well at combine.

Him and Dax Raymond are interesting in mid rds.

12 minutes ago, warfelg said:

We need another weapon offensively, but to me the big tell was Colbert saying "Having 10 picks in this draft lets us do a lot" and Mayock saying "They wanted a specific pick".

I think Colbert did the work at the draft of who wants this guy, where is their pick, who's in front of them, what will it take to get their pick.

Yeah i hear that and i mean, Fant wouldnt be a bad choice. My issue is i feel ILB is a bigger need. 

Part of me wonders if its possible its Devin White.

17 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Yeah i hear that and i mean, Fant wouldnt be a bad choice. My issue is i feel ILB is a bigger need. 

Part of me wonders if its possible its Devin White.

It would take a haul to get up enough to get White. He's going top 10. Tampa, Detroit, Cinci, and GB are all potential landing spots. 

We didn't win or should I say get to where we wanted to go with Bell and Brown, and a decent #2 Bryant 3 years ago and JU JU the last two years.

Because are defense is average at best, we need lb's and corners.

Take a low risk (minimum offer), high reward on Tyler Eifert, when he is healthy he can play, just pray he stays healthy.......

6 hours ago, mwalker said:

Yea, this was a thread I was going to post, but since it's being discussed here...

What does everyone believe our draft needs/order is now?

1. ILB                          6. NG/DT

2. back-up TE           7.CB

3. WR

4. OLB depth

5. FS

I still believe that some of these may be addressed via free agency.

I like BYU ILB Sione Takitaki as a sleeper pick.  TE is hit or miss if you don't get one of the top guys. Although, I have not fully scouted that position yet. Tons of WR to be had in each round. OLB, we could get f/a or draft one, I am all for giving Burnett his wish and cutting him.  I love and have loved Tre Boston for this defense. NG, I would target Danny Shelton although DL is deep, but I like him next to Javon. I have a secret belief that Brian Allen will develop, but he is not necessarily ready for prime time just yet. Despite signing Nelson, f there is one high on your board in any round, you have to draft him. I still have little belief in the team of Burns, Sensabaugh, and Cam.  I think Hilton bounces back and plays more like he did late in 2017 and early 2018 than he did most of 2018.  Cody gets some heat, but is actually not bad as a #4 or #5 CB from a value or experience standpoint. He is more game ready than Allen, but I think Allen has more upside and potential to be better.

6 hours ago, mwalker said:

I think Hockenson and Fant are real possibilities now, in RD1.
Tricky part is neither will be around in round 2, and assuming
we don't have a shot at D.White, D.Bush is likely gone in 1 as well,
so I think it'd be hard to get both ILB and TE we want. A sleeper
at TE is K.Warring from San Diego State in mid rounds.

Don't over-draft or pull an Edmunds by drafting  a third rounder in round one. If that is the case take the BPA or try to trade down.

I also think if a top edge player falls (Burns?) we could go there. 
Safety is the wild card.

6 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Fort and Chickillo dont change our LB needs. Idk whats available for TE as far as FAs are concerned. To me, we need 2 ILBs and maybe an OLB. If we could get Boston and Brown we would have great position in the draft.

I get the impression however that they believe Burnett will be better in his 2nd year with us. Think about it, Mike Mitchell was.

If that's the case then id say Pittsburgh views their needs as LB and TE at this point.

If we could extend Ben and get a guy at each of those positions that would be NEW to the roster, i would be more comfortable with our roster going into the draft.

My issues with Burnett are that I don't think he is a good fit for what the Steelers are doing, both Davis and Edmunds have surpassed him and he doesn't want to be here to play as a in the box safety/monster/ILB.  That is where he would be needed although Edmunds or Davis could also play that role. Get a true FS type who is more versatile like Boston. Our weakness can become a stength and we can force some turnovers on opposing passers.  Huge weakness the past several years.

5 hours ago, Lambert44 said:

We didn't win or should I say get to where we wanted to go with Bell and Brown, and a decent #2 Bryant 3 years ago and JU JU the last two years.

Because are defense is average at best, we need lb's and corners.

Take a low risk (minimum offer), high reward on Tyler Eifert, when he is healthy he can play, just pray he stays healthy.......

Uh, no! We did that with LaDarius Green. In fact 78f.jpg

I love Eifort, but he has not proven he can stay healthy.  Too much of a gamble.  Vance can't stay healthy either.  Sign someone else as insurance. We also have to hope that Grimble or Hodges can step up as well. Too many question marks and if's.  Losing Outlaw hurts from a stability standpoint. Gotta have someone with some consistency here.

Anyone think theres a chance we still try to add Chris Conley? I'm not saying that we need to or that it's necessary or anything like that I'm just curious because clearly we were still trying to sign Golden Tate and I'm wondering if they still view wide receiver as a position they need to address in free agency

7 minutes ago, Big Snack said:

Has anyone seen numbers yet?

HAvent heard or saw a peep...I’m guessing 2/12ish...typical Steelers deal of low year 1 cap hit with bigger but decently easy to get out of 2nd year cap hit.

Chickillo deal the same.

Archived