MDSteeler1971

Steelers agree on two-year deal with WR Donte Moncrief

2 hours ago, Magnus-Viktor said:

I liked Chris Conley coming out.  He showed flashes when I saw him play with the Chiefs.  I'd be on board with that one.  

They better watch out though, or they won't even get a 3rd comp for Bell.  

I dont expect us to. However, Houston wont factor in, nor would Berry IF they went there.

17 hours ago, Steeler Hitman said:

ILB                          6. NG/DT

2. back-up TE           7.CB

3. WR

4. OLB depth

5. FS

As far as needs go... I do not think that CB is 7.  With Haden at 30 and lack of proven depth, I would rate them a bit higher.  Also, with Alualu and McCullers back, I do not think that they are looking at DL at all at this point.

1. Drop ILB

2. TE #2

3. WR

4. CB depth/future

5. OLB depth/future

6. FS OR true dimebacker

7. IOL

I have a sneaky suspicion that Eli Rogers is primed to have a pretty good year. I know he won't get a ton of snaps but I think he'll be good. That is, of course, if we don't draft another WR. I also imagine that Switzer isn't going to get a lot of run on offense this year. 

JuJu - Washington - Moncrief - Eli

That's a solid group. Pretty young too. Maybe they could get a nickname, something to reflect how young they are and how money they are.....hmmmmm....

....Young Cash Club? 

43 minutes ago, kurgan said:

As far as needs go... I do not think that CB is 7.  With Haden at 30 and lack of proven depth, I would rate them a bit higher.  Also, with Alualu and McCullers back, I do not think that they are looking at DL at all at this point.

1. Drop ILB

2. TE #2

3. WR

4. CB depth/future

5. OLB depth/future

6. FS OR true dimebacker

7. IOL

I agree that it is still a position o importance.  With the signing of Nelson, it is not an immediate need, but I agree with you we still need more talent at that position. Certainly if an impact player is there and high on our board in any round over the other positions, you take him.  Sensabaugh is a solid and inexpensive veteran 5th CB. I hope Allen develops and can move up to a #4 this year, but I don't have a lot of confidence in Cam or Artie. Cam hasn't shown he can stay healthy and he just hasn't been what I had hoped he would develop into. Maybe this is the year, but I won't bet the farm on it. You are correct, we have to add some additional talent there.

18 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I have a sneaky suspicion that Eli Rogers is primed to have a pretty good year. I know he won't get a ton of snaps but I think he'll be good. That is, of course, if we don't draft another WR. I also imagine that Switzer isn't going to get a lot of run on offense this year. 

JuJu - Washington - Moncrief - Eli

That's a solid group. Pretty young too. Maybe they could get a nickname, something to reflect how young they are and how money they are.....hmmmmm....

....Young Cash Club? 

I think we're going to start the season with Juju and Moncrief.  Evolve to Juju and Washington.  Switzer still getting a ton of run as the 'do it all' guy.

11 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I think we're going to start the season with Juju and Moncrief.  Evolve to Juju and Washington.  Switzer still getting a ton of run as the 'do it all' guy.

I bet Eli sees more snaps on offense than Switz. I think Eli does all the things Switz can do, except returns, but much better.

Just now, MOSteelers56 said:

I bet Eli sees more snaps on offense than Switz. I think Eli does all the things Switz can do, except returns, but much better.

Disagree.  I think Switz showed his value last year, was just as good as Eli the last time he played, but was able to do more things.

Just now, warfelg said:

Disagree.  I think Switz showed his value last year, was just as good as Eli the last time he played, but was able to do more things.

Switzer does add the backfield ability. I do think Eli is a far superior WR, but I think Switz is maybe a better all around player. I just remember Eli having some pretty good moments where he looked like AB lite. I guess, I'm just going off a feeling.

I don't know where he goes in the draft mid 2nd to early 3rd, but I think Ridley would fit the Steelers well.

Good route runner,physical, Hines Ward type wr.

I really cant see how a rookie receiver fits on this roster without someone losing their job, which I also dont see happening. We currently have 5 NFL capable receivers, but none of them are special teamers (sans returners). If we do add another guy in the draft there is no way we keep 6 guys without someone taking the brunt of ST work, which none of the top 5 can handle. There is also no way 6 dudes are active and the top 5 doesnt really have a guy that wont deserve a helmet. 

Unless its a late round flyer on a guy whos cutting his teeth in the NFL on ST or someone (unfortunately, prob Switz) is about to lose their jobs I cant see us drafting a receiver. 

2 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

I really cant see how a rookie receiver fits on this roster without someone losing their job, which I also dont see happening. We currently have 5 NFL capable receivers, but none of them are special teamers (sans returners). If we do add another guy in the draft there is no way we keep 6 guys without someone taking the brunt of ST work, which none of the top 5 can handle. There is also no way 6 dudes are active and the top 5 doesnt really have a guy that wont deserve a helmet. 

Unless its a late round flyer on a guy whos cutting his teeth in the NFL on ST or someone (unfortunately, prob Switz) is about to lose their jobs I cant see us drafting a receiver. 

I think it would be something like Switz, Eli, Rookie rotating who is and isn't getting the hats.

7 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I think it would be something like Switz, Eli, Rookie rotating who is and isn't getting the hats.

Most likely, but if Switz sits, who's the KR? Eli isnt a good PR either so thats not a great option. Eli not getting a helmet probably doesnt make much sense - he is the best slot option outside of JuJu and Smith-Schuster will have to play on the outside some too. It probably ends up being the rookie and again, none of the other 5 provide ST help from a position that consistently has a ST on the bottom end of the active roster. 

Some of those questions can be answered if we replace the KR/PR somewhere else on the roster, but then Eli/Switz seem like two weird guys to carry on a 53 together.

We need those first 3 rounds to be pretty solid contributors. I just cant see them taking a Receiver with the core the way its currently constructed if he isnt supplanting someones rosters space. 

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

Most likely, but if Switz sits, who's the KR? Eli isnt a good PR either so thats not a great option. Eli not getting a helmet probably doesnt make much sense - he is the best slot option outside of JuJu and Smith-Schuster will have to play on the outside some too. It probably ends up being the rookie and again, none of the other 5 provide ST help from a position that consistently has a ST on the bottom end of the active roster. 

Some of those questions can be answered if we replace the KR/PR somewhere else on the roster, but then Eli/Switz seem like two weird guys to carry on a 53 together.

We need those first 3 rounds to be pretty solid contributors. I just cant see them taking a Receiver with the core the way its currently constructed if he isnt supplanting someones rosters space. 

KR? Juju.  They have no fear putting a starter out there.  PR, more challenging, but I think they draft someone that can do it.

I think you might be able to throw Washington in there as someone that doesn't get a hat at times.  Of course I think that they show they haven't feared having 6 WR's suit up.  Especially if they can have Switz do a feel a spot job in the RB spot, maybe they carry 6 WR's for ST reasons and have only 2 RB's a few games.

15 minutes ago, warfelg said:

KR? Juju.  They have no fear putting a starter out there.  PR, more challenging, but I think they draft someone that can do it.

Yes and no. The only real starter they have ever used in the return game has been AB returning Punts and 1) he was the most dynamic 2) the most consistent 3) you can red light, green light everything on punts. 

Kicks is a different story. Bryant and Juju both did it in 2017, and I guess you could technically say they were starters, but they really shared the #2 and #3 rule. Neither were losing your top guy, which is what JuJu is now, so there is no way they put him back there for kicks. The guys before that were Toussaint, Archer, Wheaton, Coates, and Felix Jones -- none of which were at the top of their respected charts. 

21 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I think you might be able to throw Washington in there as someone that doesn't get a hat at times.

If they don't give a hat to the second round draft pick.....

21 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Of course I think that they show they haven't feared having 6 WR's suit up.

Right, but one of them has had ST value. DHB has always, always been a constant of that equation. Before him Arnaz Battle. Before him Sean Morey. They are not going to carry 6 guys who are just receivers. So if we draft one top 3 rounds...are you making that dude be a STer instead of concentrating on being an NFL receiver?

22 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Especially if they can have Switz do a feel a spot job in the RB spot, maybe they carry 6 WR's for ST reasons and have only 2 RB's a few games.

This sounds like a nightmare.