WizardHawk

Free agency - who is left.

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The last time you heard that was probably 2007. But we hired a doofus at headcoach who, along with Jerry, completely destroyed the roster. 

And the roster has been rebuilt twice since then. And it was the Golden Child who wanted to rebuild it the first time.

4 hours ago, D82 said:

They typically aren't targeting older veteran players though. They'll sign younger guys who may be available due to injury, lack of production, filling a specific niche, whatever - but over the last couple of years the front office hasn't looked at players in their late 20's or early 30's. So, yeah, their interest in Cobb and Thomas and Berry is a deviation from the norm.

This. Guys like Hurns and Thornton were 4-5 year vets or so in their mid-20's. Cobb, Berry, and Quinn all entered the league in 2010 or 2011. They would've been considered by this old FO even 2-3 years ago.

edit: although Quinn and Cobb are noteworthily young for having been drafted in '11- both turn 29 this year, just like Tyron

Edited by matt79511

Safety Geathers ended up re-signing with the Colts. Looks like he used us as a measuring stick for a contract with the Colts. 

That sucks. Would have been nice to have landed Houston. Though if they can get the deal done for Quinn and Gregory is able to play this year, I won't complain too much about missing out on him.

1 hour ago, D82 said:

That sucks. Would have been nice to have landed Houston. Though if they can get the deal done for Quinn and Gregory is able to play this year, I won't complain too much about missing out on him.

Especially at that price.  Would have given us some leverage with DLaw.

3 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

They should have hosted him a few years ago.

I like Iloka, but I really want Berry. 

12 minutes ago, D82 said:

I like Iloka, but I really want Berry. 

Between Eric Berry's health, Kavon Fraser's limitations and the fact that Jeff Heath is still giving up long balls to Calvin Johnson despite the number of years that have passed without his presence on an active roster, I'd think there's plenty of room for Ikola AND Berry. Provided the money works, of course. 

Rumors are McCoy will be released soon.

Would be a nice fit as long as the money is right.

30 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

Rumors are McCoy will be released soon.

Would be a nice fit as long as the money is right.

New rumors? Last I hard, he was in Tampa's plans.