Free agency - who is left.

WizardHawk

It's obvious Dallas FA is to use Stop Gap starters but still allow us the flexibility to draft BPA. If the Stop Gap starters prove descent enough we may re-sign for cheap. The hope is to have the draftees take their spot for 4 years or more until they are let go unless they become pro bowlers. 

28 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Yeah, just knowing how Nagy’s (really Andy Reid’s) system values backs that can catch the ball and move in space, Howard wasn’t a good fit in Chicago.

Sounds like a Nagy issue TBH since Doug Pederson is from that very tree? He too values pass catching RB but is able to adapt to his Personnel when needed ala Ajayi, Blount and Adams.

Not sure why Nagy couldn't but I'm glad? 

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Sounds like a Nagy issue TBH since Doug Pederson is from that very tree? He too values pass catching RB but is able to adapt to his Personnel when needed ala Ajayi, Blount and Adams.

Not sure why Nagy couldn't but I'm glad? 

Like I said, Howard is due a contract. The league is split on whether RBs are worthy of 2nd deals. I guess the Bears are of the "dime a dozen" school, and after getting what they got from a 5th round pick in Howard? How can you blame them? The Cowboys will be doing the same with Zeke soon, unfortunately. The only reason we were comfortable spending a top 5 on him was to win with Romo. I highly doubt he sticks now. When you can get guys like Henry, Hunt, Kamara etc... Outside of round 1

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Like I said, Howard is due a contract. The league is split on whether RBs are worthy of 2nd deals. I guess the Bears are of the "dime a dozen" school, and after getting what they got from a 5th round pick in Howard? How can you blame them? The Cowboys will be doing the same with Zeke soon, unfortunately. The only reason we were comfortable spending a top 5 on him was to win with Romo. I highly doubt he sticks now. When you can get guys like Henry, Hunt, Kamara etc... Outside of round 1

I hope so!! For every Henry, Hunt, Kamara found in those rds, there have been dozens of busts over the years. I think this idea that RB's are a dime a dozen is absurd. Are there Hidden gems found here and there like every position in the NFL sure, but Legit Franchise Changing RB's like AP, Gurley, Zeke, Saquon, etc are typically found in the 1st and don't  grow on trees.

Just like it was for Dozens of HOF before them. Including two of your very own HOF RB's.

9 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I hope so!! For every Henry, Hunt, Kamara found in those rds, there have been dozens of busts over the years. I think this idea that RB's are a dime a dozen is absurd. Are there Hidden gems found here and there like every position in the NFL sure, but Legit Franchise Changing RB's like AP, Gurley, Zeke, Saquon, etc are typically found in the 1st and don't  grow on trees.

Just like it was for Dozens of HOF before them. Including two of your very own RB HOF's.

I get it. Certain RBs take it to the next level, and are not easily found.

It just seems every year the 2nd and 3rd round still have 2 or 3 of the top 5 RBs of the class. What other position can say this? ..TE, 1 tech NT, RB ...

15 minutes ago, DaBoys said:
35 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Just like it was for Dozens of HOF before them. Including two of your very own RB HOF's.

I get it. Certain RBs take it to the next level, and are not easily found.

It just seems every year the 2nd and 3rd round still have 2 or 3 of the top 5 RBs of the class. What other position can say this? ..TE, 1 tech NT, RB ...

http://pfref.com/tiny/BLCsM

Here's  a list of the last 55 RB taken in the past 3 drafts (rds 2 thru 5). Outside of the 2017 RB class, I'm not seeing many game changers. Legit Franchise RB?

Even with 2017, how many do you honestly see? 7 ,8? Its a overrated philosophy IMO because of a select few/recency bias.

I'd kill to have 1 of the 4 listed above (young AP) to par with and take pressure off Wentz, kill.

5 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

http://pfref.com/tiny/BLCsM

Here's  a list of the last 55 RB taken in the past 3 drafts (rds 2 thru 5). Outside of the 2017 RB class, I'm not seeing many game changers. Legit Franchise RB?

Even with 2017, how many do you honestly see? 7 ,8? Its a overrated philosophy IMO because of a select few.

I'd kill to have 1 of the 4 listed above (young AP) to par with and take pressure off Wentz, kill.

Well Howard, a 5th rounder, should serve you well. His breakout game as a rookie came against us. He wasn't even the starter iirc. The starter got hurt or something and the bears plugged in the hard charging rookie. After that game he never really looked back.

3 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Well Howard, a 5th rounder, should serve you well. His breakout game as a rookie came against us. He wasn't even the starter iirc. The starter got hurt or something and the bears plugged in the hard charging rookie. After that game he never really looked back.

That's the hope but let's be honest, anything is a upgrade over what was trotted  out there last year with all of the Injuries.

Eagles have been trying to fill the Westbrook/McCoy role for years taking this very approach. Failing miserably for decades because they luckily struck gold "Twice" in the past!!! It's not the norm is all I'm  getting at.

Archived