Free agency - who is left.

WizardHawk

4 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Do we get comp picks for signing guys to 1 year and letting them walk? Like do the Rams get a comp for Suh?

I would think there's a rule against that.

Quinn I would think is different as we acquired him on trade and even though restructured to 1, is on a multi year deal. So we should get his comp.

If we get comps for signing people for 1 year and hoping someone signs them next year, then why the hell are we not doing this?

Because typically you have to sign someone the next year to replace them... Which negates the comp pick. The Eagles are trying to employ this right now but they just traded a 3rd for Golden Tate and my get like a 5th or something next year. 

Turning a 2019 3rd into a 2020 5th is a bad investment return. Their like "Only 2 rounds".... 2 rounds and a year, which also adds another round.

5 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Yes, Rams will get something for Suh. Last time Dallas did this was 2014(?) with Henry Melton. New England got a 7th this yr for Fleming's one yr deal with Dallas. 

Seems like this could be exploited by a savvy FO. 

A one year deal counts for nothing the next.  Even if you pick up a 6th that's great. 

Top FAs available:

Suh

Ziggy

Zack Brown

Morris Claiborne 

Jamie Collins

Ajayi

Corey Luiget

Crabtree

Kicker Stephen Gostkowski 

Kelvin Benjamin 

Do you see anyone that would help us win a championship on a 1 year rental?

22 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Top FAs available:

Suh

Ziggy

Zack Brown

Morris Claiborne 

Jamie Collins

Ajayi

Corey Luiget

Crabtree

Kicker Stephen Gostkowski 

Kelvin Benjamin 

Do you see anyone that would help us win a championship on a 1 year rental?

Ziggy, Suh, Crabree and Ajayi would all be nice gets.

I think we wait till after the draft to sign an RB2- any of Ajayi, Yeldon, and TyMont make sense. Probably others I'm forgetting, too. I would be surprised if we went after anyone else of note, really,. What cap room we have left is most likely going towards the draft class, a Dak extension, and in-season flexibility/rollover. There are ways for us to make more space if we want to, but I feel like we're probably sitting pat at this point.

Open to being wrong on this- doing some cap juggling to get Ansah or Suh or McCoy in here would legitimately change this team's outlook IMO (assuming it doesn't cost us D-Law of course). The others don't do much for me, besides Ajayi as noted earlier. Gostkowski would be awesome but I can't imagine us committing $4-4.5M or whatever to a kicker right now.

We just signed the best free agent available in 2019 according to most/all(?) outlets.

DeMarcus Lawrence!!

Randall Cobb to replace Beasley 

Robert Quinn on trade for a 6th two drafts from now

Covington/Hyder

Amari Cooooooop

tenor.gif?itemid=8901098

"There appears to be one major roadblock between the two sides, however: as NFL Network’s Mike Giardi reported earlier today, money appears to be an issue when it comes to New England’s efforts to bring the 35-year-old back into the fold. How much the two sides are apart is not known as things stand right now, but it would not be a surprise to see the Patriots value Gostkowski below the league’s top-paid kickers.

After all, the veteran ranked only 19th in field goal percentage during the 2018 regular season and also missed the first of his three field goal attempts in Super Bowl 53 — making the NFL’s most recent championship game the third straight in which Gostkowski was unsuccessful on at least one of his kicks. He was generally accurate on extra points all year long and tremendous on kickoffs, but an argument can be made that he did not live up to his status among the most expensive kickers in the NFL."

45 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

We waived Parker Ehinger.

For as well as we've done most things lately, the player trades have not been great. Giving up Charvarius Ward for Ehinger and Ryan Switzer for Jihad Ward... woof.

Yeah...those were bad.

Archived