Free agency - who is left.

WizardHawk

29 minutes ago, D82 said:

For a year. Then the next upcoming FA wide receiver will reset the market.

Julio needs a contract. But outside of him I dont see a market leading contract coming due anytime soon. I think we might go through a period  like safeties recently and running backs before that. 

All the top guys are paid already. 

39 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I doubt we are in the running if it is anywhere near the 10 million a year that is mentioned. That would be a kick in the tea bags if we spent that much on another WR and missed out on a true A-list safety. I do think the Cowboys are mentioned just as needed to drum up interest in an article. 

8 minutes ago, cowboyfanin2890 said:

I doubt we are in the running if it is anywhere near the 10 million a year that is mentioned. That would be a kick in the tea bags if we spent that much on another WR and missed out on a true A-list safety. I do think the Cowboys are mentioned just as needed to drum up interest in an article. 

Well, we really need wrs as well. We have 1.5 proven targets on our team. And the .5 is almost 40.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Well, we really need wrs as well. We have 1.5 proven targets on our team. And the .5 is almost 40.

Cooper and Gallup at WR is not a bad duo seeing how Gallup should have had at least 3 more TD's(rookie year) that Dak just missed. Not saying he is going to be special but with us letting Beasley walk, resigning Austin/Hurns and picking Witten back up its not at the top of the list. Not saying I would be mad but I would much rather spend 10 million a year on safety/DT/DE(even when we sign DLaw) than picking up another WR when we should be a run first offense. 

4 minutes ago, cowboyfanin2890 said:

Cooper and Gallup at WR is not a bad duo seeing how Gallup should have had at least 3 more TD's(rookie year) that Dak just missed. Not saying he is going to be special but with us letting Beasley walk, resigning Austin/Hurns and picking Witten back up its not at the top of the list. Not saying I would be mad but I would much rather spend 10 million a year on safety/DT/DE(even when we sign DLaw) than picking up another WR when we should be a run first offense. 

Yeah, it's probably bottom 7 in the NFL. Gallop messed up a couple, Dak missed a couple, but that's like 4-5 passes in a 16 game schedule. 

Gallop is promising, but relying on him is foolish. 

Hurns got picked up because it wasn't gtd. We can cut him all the way up untill week 1 and not owe any of it. 

33 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Yeah, it's probably bottom 7 in the NFL. Gallop messed up a couple, Dak missed a couple, but that's like 4-5 passes in a 16 game schedule. 

Gallop is promising, but relying on him is foolish. 

Hurns got picked up because it wasn't gtd. We can cut him all the way up untill week 1 and not owe any of it. 

Gallup is a rookie and is allowed rookie mistakes. He was very impressive.

If we can lock up Cooper with a favorable deal then it will benefit us, and Gallup can only continue to improve. If anything we can have one of the most promising WR cores in the NFL.

Really wish Cedric Wilson had been able to play some as rookie. iirc, he was doing pretty well up to his injury. Speaking of which, Devin Smith is a big wild card. If he’s healthy. Where these two are health wise is going to be a factor.

Ryan Grant type signing is about as high as my hopes are for signing anyone

3 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Really wish Cedric Wilson had been able to play some as rookie. iirc, he was doing pretty well up to his injury. Speaking of which, Devin Smith is a big wild card. If he’s healthy. Where these two are health wise is going to be a factor.

Ryan Grant type signing is about as high as my hopes are for signing anyone

Cedric wilson was performing very well and rumours (I dont have the links anymore) at the time was he was outperforming Gallup in camp.