Free agency - who is left.

WizardHawk

4 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Gallup is a rookie and is allowed rookie mistakes. He was very impressive.

If we can lock up Cooper with a favorable deal then it will benefit us, and Gallup can only continue to improve. If anything we can have one of the most promising WR cores in the NFL.

Very impressive? You know who was very impressive as a rookie? Randy Moss. 

Gallop was mostly invisible outside of about 10 plays. And 1/2 of them were bad (Dak at fault for some of them).

That is a lot of hyperbole for a rookie that had 500 yards and 2 TDs. I hope he turns out amazing, but right now our WR group is garbage. 

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Gallop was mostly invisible outside of about 10 plays. And 1/2 of them were bad (Dak at fault for some of them).

That is a lot of hyperbole for a rookie that had 500 yards and 2 TDs. I hope he turns out amazing, but right now our WR group is garbage. 

Well Randy Moss had Cunningham to take advantage of his strengths. Gallup.....not so much. He really shined during that playoff game. Too bad the guy throwing the ball could only capitalize on 2 of like the 8 different plays he managed to break it open. 2 of them being drive extenders and instead ended in drive killers.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

The bolded part literally cracked me up.  Matts, let's be honest... Dak missed Gallop more times than Leveon Bell missed game checks last year.  Gallop would have been in the rookie of the year conversation if Dak even remotely put the ball in Gallop's neighborhood sometimes.  Im not even exaggerating when I say Dak easily left 4-5 TDs on the table when throwing to Gallop.  Many of those throws were painfully bad.  

1 minute ago, The_Slamman said:

The bolded part literally cracked me up.  Matts, let's be honest... Dak missed Gallop more times than Leveon Bell missed game checks last year.  Gallop would have been in the rookie of the year conversation if Dak even remotely put the ball in Gallop's neighborhood sometimes.  Im not even exaggerating when I say Dak easily left 4-5 TDs on the table when throwing to Gallop.  Many of those throws were painfully bad.  

Someone jumped to conclusions. If you rewatch there were 2 different go routes where Gallup got open and then stopped running because he didnt think he was going to get the ball. Dak throws it and it looks like an over throw. It was a poor route. 

Dak did miss him 3 times, IIRC, over the course of the season.  

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Someone jumped to conclusions. If you rewatch there were 2 different go routes where Gallup got open and then stopped running because he didnt think he was going to get the ball. Dak throws it and it looks like an over throw. It was a poor route. 

Dak did miss him 3 times, IIRC, over the course of the season.  

YDRC.  YOU DON'T REMEMBER CORRECTLY.  It's universally the biggest gripe that all of us have with Dak... the dude simply misses way to many easy throws and Gallop was on the receiving end of way too many of those misses.

20 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

YDRC.  YOU DON'T REMEMBER CORRECTLY.  It's universally the biggest gripe that all of us have with Dak... the dude simply misses way to many easy throws and Gallop was on the receiving end of way too many of those misses.

Even the announcers have commented on how many times Dak over throws his receivers with Gallup's name constantly coming up.

34 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

I second this. There has often been times I’ve sat there during games and cursed Dak for missing him so many times. Times where he can’t be in the same ball park when throwing to him but hit Cooper all day. I told my Fiancé that was my number one hope is that Gallup and Dak gain that chemistry and start connecting

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Even the announcers have commented on how many times Dak over throws his receivers with Gallup's name constantly coming up.

Almost every announce team that called games as well as radio and tv analysts commented on Quincy’s poor accuracy and proclivity for missing wide open targets and/or for very poor ball placement. But hey, what do they know? They’re only comprised of former players, coaches, and GMs. It’s not like they know anything about the game.

3 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Stop talking about Dak again and take it to one of the 12 other threads kthxbye

tenor.gif?itemid=12739180

Dude, it’s the offseason.  Don’t whine about people posting.  And, you probably need to understand that in a football forum, discussion of your quarterback is likely to come up in MOST threads especially when there’s a discussion about whether a free agent WR would be beneficial or whether we are good with what we have.  Just letting you... it’s probably gunna happen.

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Seriously? Are we really just going to forget that Gallup had a million missed throws where he was in perfect position?

Come on Matts. We can't throw out boy under the bus that quick and forget what he could've done in his control

41 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

tenor.gif?itemid=12739180

Dude, it’s the offseason.  Don’t whine about people posting.  And, you probably need to understand that in a football forum, discussion of your quarterback is likely to come up in MOST threads especially when there’s a discussion about whether a free agent WR would be beneficial or whether we are good with what we have.  Just letting you... it’s probably gunna happen.

That’s fine and I get that. I’m just tired of reading the same damn debate in every thread I go into. We even have a Dak debate thread. In a free agency thread, let’s talk about free agency. It’s being brought up and provoked by the same people over and over. Thanks for the feedback though

53 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Its super annoying having every single thread derailed by those who dont like Dak. 

Archived