Free agency - who is left.

WizardHawk

7 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

tenor.gif?itemid=12739180

Dude, it’s the offseason.  Don’t whine about people posting.  And, you probably need to understand that in a football forum, discussion of your quarterback is likely to come up in MOST threads especially when there’s a discussion about whether a free agent WR would be beneficial or whether we are good with what we have.  Just letting you... it’s probably gunna happen.

Except...it isn't really discussion. You have one side who thinks Dak is the equivalent of a pot-smoking backup-at-best QB who couldn't last more than four seasons in the NFL. And it gets tiresome. 

58 minutes ago, D82 said:

Except...it isn't really discussion. You have one side who thinks Dak is the equivalent of a pot-smoking backup-at-best QB who couldn't last more than four seasons in the NFL. And it gets tiresome. 

And you have the other side who makes all the excuses for Dak, and says what a great leader he is.

9 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

More hyperbole.

I mean our WR group isn’t the greatest but you can’t start the blame with Micheal Gallup. Beasley could’ve done better. Noah brown could have. T. Austin. Allen Hurns. The list goes on and on. But why single out Gallup? 

What were you expecting out of a 3rd round rookie WR exactly ? 

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

2 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

I mean our WR group isn’t the greatest but you can’t start the blame with Micheal Gallup. Beasley could’ve done better. Noah brown could have. T. Austin. Allen Hurns. The list goes on and on. But why single out Gallup? 

What were you expecting out of a 3rd round rookie WR exactly ? 

I singled out Gallup because he is the only other person on the roster who has a chance to be a legit WR target. Right now we have Cooper. Thats really it unless you want to include a 37 year old Witten coming out of retirement. Gallup is our only hope that we dont currently have the worst group of receiving targets in the NFL.

I have high hopes for Gallup. I just think it would be extremely stupid to go into next season with this current group of guys as is. Amari twist his ankle and needs to miss a game, we might as well just forfeit. 

2 hours ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

And you have the other side who makes all the excuses for Dak, and says what a great leader he is.

Uh...he is a great leader. And while not perfect, he's done a lot during his short stint here to lend credence to the fact he's our franchise QB. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, D82 said:
2 hours ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Uh...he is a great leader. And while not perfect, he's done a lot during his short stint here to lend credence to the fact he's our franchise QB. 

hate-the-haters.jpg

Its not worth it Des. 

• Like 1

FRISCO, Texas – Geoff Swaim is joining Jacksonville. The Jaguars announced Friday that they’ve signed the 27-year-old tight end, who emerged as the Cowboys’ starter last season before a wrist injury sidelined him in November

Just now, DaBoys said:

FRISCO, Texas – Geoff Swaim is joining Jacksonville. The Jaguars announced Friday that they’ve signed the 27-year-old tight end, who emerged as the Cowboys’ starter last season before a wrist injury sidelined him in November

good, getting rid of one mediocre TE may increase our chances, a little, of finally getting a young stud talent (weapons) high in the draft. I don't want another mid-late rd project.

2 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

good, getting rid of one mediocre TE may increase our chances, a little, of finally getting a young stud talent (weapons) high in the draft. I don't want another mid-late rd project.

Man, I've got a feeling that Witten is our guy this year.

3 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Yep. Didn't like it from the beginning and I like it less and less everyday. Dallas wouldn't being someone as respected as him to play second fiddle. 

I really hope he was brought back to be our primary blocking TE. In that sense, he will easily be the best on the roster.