Free agency - who is left.

WizardHawk

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Yep. Didn't like it from the beginning and I like it less and less everyday. Dallas wouldn't being someone as respected as him to play second fiddle. 

I gotta disagree. See for reference Lee, Sean. They'll go young if it's the right move. 

11 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Do we have the best WR group in our division?

Possibly. Hope Gallup can make a jump year two. He got better every game this season so it's not hard to think he can. Hurns, while ill suited to #1 duties, is a solid vet for #3, and it'll be interesting to see what Moore can do with Wilson and Austin.

20 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Not even close. Especially if you include tight ends so that its "pass catching" group. 

Eagles by far are #1. 

If you include TE:

Giants

Redskins

Cowboys

If you dont include TE:

Cowboys

Giants

Redskins

31 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I for one am not thrilled for DJax’s second Philly run. And their second best TE/5th most accomplished pass catcher almost beat us by himself in Week 14 of last year

1 hour ago, matt79511 said:

I for one am not thrilled for DJax’s second Philly run. And their second best TE/5th most accomplished pass catcher almost beat us by himself in Week 14 of last year

I forgot about Jax. 

With Alshon, Nelson Agholor, and DJax they have to be the best group in the east.

I think I'd take Amari, Gallup, and Hurns over the Redskins and Giants group.

I don't get the Witten hate at all.  I personally like the move.  Wit was never about speed... he's always been a technique guy who knows how to find open spots in the zone.  He will continue to be a reliable option which is really what Dak needs most on third downs.  And, Wit will also help the run game.  Last year, if you guys did not notice... most of our runs came from 11 formation.  We rarely ran from 12 which has been a staple for our offense. 12 formation gives us the ran pass option which helps slow down the pass rush.  And, this comment is for the whiners in the forum:  Dak has a horrendous propensity too hold onto the ball too long.  By running more 12, it gives him an extra blocker if necessary or another short pass target that even he should be able to complete.  :D

22 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

I don't get the Witten hate at all.  I personally like the move.  Wit was never about speed... he's always been a technique guy who knows how to find open spots in the zone.  He will continue to be a reliable option which is really what Dak needs most on third downs.  And, Wit will also help the run game.  Last year, if you guys did not notice... most of our runs came from 11 formation.  We rarely ran from 12 which has been a staple for our offense. 12 formation gives us the ran pass option which helps slow down the pass rush.  And, this comment is for the whiners in the forum:  Dak has a horrendous propensity too hold onto the ball too long.  By running more 12, it gives him an extra blocker if necessary or another short pass target that even he should be able to complete.  :D

His 50 rec and 300yds are going to be great no doubt about it. 

Witten can be expected to be a solid short to mid range/find some open areas TE for us. But I was really hoping Dallas can get a TE that can stretch the field down the middle and open up this offense. It would do wonders for Zeke and our running game. as well as dumping the ball off to Zeke on passing downs. Witten in his prime was good at sneaking past the safeties but I can't imagine a 37 YO still coming close to that.

getting a major weapon at TE or WR will do far more to improve Dallas than getting any other position this upcoming season IMO.

Lol

Irving minced no words when it came to one of his final interactions with Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett, revealing the longtime boss encouraged him to quit playing so he could smoke without repercussions.

"He told me I should just quit, smoke all the weed I want, the team didn’t need me,” the 25-year-old told USA Today Sports on Thursday. “I’m a distraction to the team.”

59 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Lol

Irving minced no words when it came to one of his final interactions with Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett, revealing the longtime boss encouraged him to quit playing so he could smoke without repercussions.

"He told me I should just quit, smoke all the weed I want, the team didn’t need me,” the 25-year-old told USA Today Sports on Thursday. “I’m a distraction to the team.”

Good for JG.  Apart from the fact that it’s true... I don’t get why they didn’t just cut Irving at that point.  He did become a distraction.  The dude was one of the most impressive football talents I’ve ever seen but is clearly dealing with demons.

6 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

Good for JG.  Apart from the fact that it’s true... I don’t get why they didn’t just cut Irving at that point.  He did become a distraction.  The dude was one of the most impressive football talents I’ve ever seen but is clearly dealing with demons.

I think the hope was he'd get it together. Dude had a ton of potential and likely could have been a consistent All-Pro at DT had he put in the effort.

Ah well, obviously the passion wasn't there. 

Archived