Free agency - who is left.

WizardHawk

1 minute ago, Northland said:

I read the same thing.  Intesting.  Call me crazy but what's the issue with signing a healthy productive player?  Oh yeah they cost more.

I mean...I kinda sorta get their methodology here even though it might not be the most appealing. 

Draft and develop your own players, re-sign them to lucrative deals and/or let them walk for comp picks if they don't fit into the plans anymore. Sign low-risk/high-reward type players in FA to supplement the depth on the roster. 

4 minutes ago, D82 said:

I mean...I kinda sorta get their methodology here even though it might not be the most appealing. 

Draft and develop your own players, re-sign them to lucrative deals and/or let them walk for comp picks if they don't fit into the plans anymore. Sign low-risk/high-reward type players in FA to supplement the depth on the roster. 

I get it too.  If we win I don't care.  Sign the misfits.  McDowell could be very intesting. 

9 minutes ago, Northland said:

I get it too.  If we win I don't care.  Sign the misfits.  McDowell could be very intesting. 

Dude had a lot of talent, I know he was looked at a 1st/2nd round pick at one time. 

Get his body healthy and who knows, maybe he becomes an Irving replacement. 

8 minutes ago, Northland said:

I wouldnt mind if we signed McDowell. Good risk vs reward situation.

My only issue is we can get other good value signings without injury issue.

Would Tre Boston break the bank?

Suh on a 1 year deal?

8 hours ago, CAPJ said:

I wouldnt mind if we signed McDowell. Good risk vs reward situation.

My only issue is we can get other good value signings without injury issue.

Would Tre Boston break the bank?

Suh on a 1 year deal?

Nope, they probably wouldn’t. But Boston is a guy that was available last year and they weren’t interested. Don’t think we were interested in Suh either (his reputation as a dirty player maybe?).

7 minutes ago, D82 said:

Nope, they probably wouldn’t. But Boston is a guy that was available last year and they weren’t interested. Don’t think we were interested in Suh either (his reputation as a dirty player maybe?).

Suh I could understand if that's their reasoning.

And you're right they didnt go after Boston last year.

But can anyone say hes not an upgrade over Heath?

2 hours ago, D82 said:

This isn't a deviation of anything. There is one reason Dallas is going after them. They're cheap(er) because of injuries.They are still very much looking for cheap. A healthy Berry gets the same treatment as ET. A healthy Cobb probably isn't in the wheelhouse either.

33 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

This isn't a deviation of anything. There is one reason Dallas is going after them. They're cheap(er) because of injuries.They are still very much looking for cheap. A healthy Berry gets the same treatment as ET. A healthy Cobb probably isn't in the wheelhouse either.

They typically aren't targeting older veteran players though. They'll sign younger guys who may be available due to injury, lack of production, filling a specific niche, whatever - but over the last couple of years the front office hasn't looked at players in their late 20's or early 30's. So, yeah, their interest in Cobb and Thomas and Berry is a deviation from the norm.

10 minutes ago, D82 said:

They typically aren't targeting older veteran players though. They'll sign younger guys who may be available due to injury, lack of production, filling a specific niche, whatever - but over the last couple of years the front office hasn't looked at players in their late 20's or early 30's. So, yeah, their interest in Cobb and Thomas and Berry is a deviation from the norm.

15 hours ago, Ace5 said:

That's minus 4 wins for the Rams. Bortles is a black hole.

We haven't exactly been trending in the right direction either.

Trying different things would help because the "process" isn't working and some people just need a change of scenery.

23 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

We haven't exactly been trending in the right direction either.

Trying different things would help because the "process" isn't working and some people just need a change of scenery.

We just won a playoff game with a completely rebuilt roster, one of the youngest in the league and the youngest in the playoffs. We have like $30m+ in cap space and a new OC. 

How are we not trending in the right direction?

Just now, Matts4313 said:

We just won a playoff game with a completely rebuilt roster, one of the youngest in the league and the youngest in the playoffs. We have like $30m+ in cap space and a new OC. 

How are we not trending in the right direction?

Gee we're winning with "another" rebuilt roster and we're heading in the right direction. Where have we heard that one before? ¬¬

14 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Gee we're winning with "another" rebuilt roster and we're heading in the right direction. Where have we heard that one before? ¬¬

The last time you heard that was probably 2007. But we hired a doofus at headcoach who, along with Jerry, completely destroyed the roster. 

Archived