Cowboys sign former Texans' DL Christian Covington

matt79511

2 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Idk about that, we definitely need DT depth. Texans fans don’t seem thrilled to lose him. At minimum he’s an upgrade on Reid and Ross.

I get that. But rotational guys can also be drafted...if we were to ever place a level of importance at that position. Plus, as a one year deal, that screams camp body. I’d probably have a different opinion if it was a 2 or 3 year contract.

3 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Idk about that, we definitely need DT depth. Texans fans don’t seem thrilled to lose him. At minimum he’s an upgrade on Reid and Ross.

Texans fans on Reddit are very upset he signed with us. They really really wanted him back. 

2 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I get that. But rotational guys can also be drafted...if we were to ever place a level of importance at that position. Plus, as a one year deal, that screams camp body. I’d probably have a different opinion if it was a 2 or 3 year contract.

I suspect it’s a 1 year, $3M or so deal. I doubt he settled for the vet minimum at this point in free agency. He can play

Would figure given the state of the roster that we will draft another rotational DL or two, and I trust Rod to get the most of those types of guys. We need Gregory to come back again to have enough top-end talent though

4 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I suspect it’s a 1 year, $3M or so deal. I doubt he settled for the vet minimum at this point in free agency. He can play

Would figure given the state of the roster that we will draft another rotational DL or two, and I trust Rod to get the most of those types of guys. We need Gregory to come back again to have enough top-end talent though

The part in bold really p!sses me off. I’m tired of that line. It does nothing but give the organization the excuse to openly ignore need positions in deference to Marinelli’s “genius” as opposed to finding real talent. They constantly dumpster dive on the d-line (specifically, DT) because Marinelli can “coach them up”. It’s that short sighted arrogance that keeps us from improving.

6 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

The part in bold really p!sses me off. I’m tired of that line. It does nothing but give the organization the excuse to openly ignore need positions in deference to Marinelli’s “genius” as opposed to finding real talent. They constantly dumpster dive on the d-line (specifically, DT) because Marinelli can “coach them up”. It’s that short sighted arrogance that keeps us from improving.

Oh I agree. Just kind of is what it is at this point. That’s why I said we need Randy, which, well, yeah.

Ideally, this will not end up being our biggest move of the offseason. We shall see.

Archived