Preseason Week 4 Bengals @ Colts

MrCincinnati

Final preseason game, this is where all the guys who aren’t guaranteed to make the roster are going to get one last chance to impress NFL teams. Of course I’ll be watching Ohio State steamroll Indiana instead that day, but this game does start an hour for that so I’ll only be watching a little bit.

GAMEDAY INFO

Game time will be on Thursday at 7 PM ET. Here are the following channels in certain areas

Brad Johansen, Anthony Munoz
WKRC (CBS/12 - Cincinnati)
WKEF (ABC/22 - Dayton)
WSYX (ABC/6 - Columbus)
WDRB (FOX/41 - Louisville)
WDKY (FOX/56 - Lexington)
WLIO (FOX/8.2 - Lima OH)
  Don Fischer, Rick Venturi
WXIN (FOX/59 - Indianapolis)
WMYO (My/58 - Louisville)
WFFT (FOX/55 - Fort Wayne IN)
WBND (ABC/57 - South Bend IN)
WTWO (NBC/2 - Terre Haute IN)
WTVW (CW/7 - Evansville IN)

WCIX (My/49 - Champaign IL)

The game will be replayed on NFL Network only once. Here is the following day and time

Saturday 9-2 / 7:30 AM

5 THINGS TO WATCH FOR

5. Jeff Driskel Time – Because it’s the final game, I would expect to see maybe 3 quarters of play from Driskel. He didn’t play in the last game, and barely saw action in week 2. His performance as we all know was great in the first game. Now he either has a chance to make a big case to make the 53 man roster, or instead he could end up getting stashed on the practice squad if his performance is under par.

4. More John Ross – Someone mentioned to me that John Ross shouldn’t play in the final game of the preseason, which I strongly disagree with. Yeah you risk him getting injured in a meaningless game, but even if healthy he’s going to be a non factor in week 1 anyway, so as far as I’m concerned he needs more reps to make up for missed time. I’m not saying he should play the entire first half, but I think they need to let him get more playing time so he can at least get more comfortable.

3. The Final OL Spot – Right now it seems like 8 on the OL are pretty much a lock now. Now the question is will they keep 9 guys and if they do, who is it? Winston could still have a chance, but he’s going to have to really impress if he wants to keep his playing career alive. To me it’s down to Dielham and Redmond. Dielham has barely saw any action this preseason, but if he does make the roster he’s likely going to be inactive every game anyway. Redmond however was very impressive against the Redskins, so the worst for him is he goes to the practice squad. Of the final choice is none of these guys make it and they just keep 8 guys.

2. LB Void – With Burfict now suspended, one more spot has opened up on the team. A guy like Jordan Evans who was fighting for a spot, is now all of a sudden a shoe in to make the team in the wake of this suspension. Another LB spot could be open, although maybe they end up sticking with their 5 guys. Problem is, Lawson may be more utilized as a DE, which means they only would have 4 true LB’s on the team and need an extra guy as insurance. And right now, the only names we know are Flowers and Dawson who quite honestly have not proven they belong on the 53 man roster. So maybe the Bengals will have to end up picking up someone off waivers or trading for another guy. Considering how loaded the DL is, maybe they trade someone from there.

1. RB Momentum – I know some aren’t going to agree with this, But I think Mixon will see a lot of playing time this game. Hill and Bernard have shown this preseason they will most likely be getting the carries at the start of the season. Mixon has shown flashes at time, but overall his numbers haven’t been that great. 20 carries for 78 yards this preseason means he didn’t even average 4 yards a carry. In Jeremy Hill’s rookie year, he saw 20 touches in the final preseason game back in 2014 and did a great job. I see no reason to try and give Mixon a chance to get him some momentum before the season starts. But if he doesn’t see the field much in this game, then the next guy I’m looking at is Tra Carson. The biggest question I have to ask myself going into the final cuts is Peerman or Carson. Carson has made a name for himself in the preseason and has at least now earned himself a practice squad spot at worst. But he may get scooped up on another team’s roster if he get cut, and with Peerman injured can they afford to keep him around? Peerman has been a long special teams career for this team, and will Carson be the one to dethrone him of his spot?

57 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Rest everyone...

It'll be interesting to see who gets cut this week.  They've said they're going to make most of the bubble cuts this week to help those guys latch on elsewhere.  At least, that's what i'm pretty sure i heard.  So guys like Gilberry, Johnson, Hardison, Core, etc should know their fate this week.

Obviously they're going to hang on to quite a few of the back end roster guys, so they can play the actual meaningless game.

37 minutes ago, theJ said:

It'll be interesting to see who gets cut this week.  They've said they're going to make most of the bubble cuts this week to help those guys latch on elsewhere.  At least, that's what i'm pretty sure i heard.  So guys like Gilberry, Johnson, Hardison, Core, etc should know their fate this week.

Obviously they're going to hang on to quite a few of the back end roster guys, so they can play the actual meaningless game.

Gilberry and Hardison are who I think get cut.  Core I think still makes it...

3 hours ago, ochocinco4pres said:

You just wait. IU is going to shock the world....and cover the spread

If its a 7 point game at any time in the 4th qrt of this game, I consider that a loss regardless of who wins. But that is the standard Ohio State must have. Anything less than a championship is a failure.

Archived